ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaking oil/grease/something!?

Clio Sport 172
Guys, traveled about 160 miles today, and after about 15 miles I could hear a rumble, i suspected a wheel bearing, and thought nothing of it (apart from which one and how hard to change)..parked it up after i travelled my distance and after about 3 hours i came back and moved it across the street and my brother pointed out a wet oil/grease/something patch on the road where my car was! I thought it was the suspect damaged wheel bearing from earlier which i thought had thrown grease everywhere? Popped a light under the car and found rear driver side damper wet with oil from where the smaller piston goes into the larger housing and all down the piston dripping onto the floor..does that mean its knackered? Do the dampers have oil in them? If so, what was the rumble? By the way, its a 02 172...

Sounds like a knackered damper that. They normally drop their oil when their life has expired. Has the ride become more crashy and has the handling of the car become worse?

Clio Sport 172
yep now you say it, it does lack on handling and wana sway! How much are they? Any ideas on the rumbling?

Last time I checked on k-tec's website I think they were £48ish +vat.

Normally rumbling is wheel bearing related. I've never had a wheel bearing go on any of my cars so I'm not to sure to be honest. Famous last words lol

Clio Sport 172
does anyone know how much they are from the stealers or motor factors, as one has gone so may aswell do both...also, i have a 160 mile drive home tomorrow, wil it be ok to drive home?