ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaky Door

I have had 2 clio 172s now and both of them leak at the bottom of the passenger doors. Has anyone found this fault on any other clios or have I just got the worse luck on this earth!!

Kate

clio 182 black /gold

My 182 rained in it was a grommet missing on the bulk head when they installed the alarm.

Quote: Originally posted by Leeshez on 29 July 2005
My 182 rained in it was a grommet missing on the bulk head when they installed the alarm.

So, am I right it saying it is a common problem?

artic blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by Katie on 29 July 2005

Oh right ok then! I think I better ask my brother round for lunch this weekend!!
lol good ploy that...i changed my brakes at my bruvs house so he could give me a hand ( do it for me i mean):)

i noticed the same problem on my dynamique a few times but never got it sorted its gone now but maybe its a common problem

Is the water coming in between the door and over the plastic trim to the left of the passenger footwell?

I had this problem - took Renault 3 times to get it fixed! I had to park with the drivers side on the kerb to stop the passenger footwell flodding for 3 months when it rained hard. lol!

They first checked the rubber seal then the membrane between the door and the interior trim. After they eventually fixed it the mechanic told me that its normal for water to run between the window and the horizontal rubber seal on the door of any car. This water runs through the inside of the door, but obviously has to come out somewhere. The drianage holes that are supposed to let this water out at the bottom of the door werent wide enough. Problem is water leaks are only covered in year 1 of Renaults warranty so you may have to pay to get this done yourself :(