ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

left front speakers keep cutting - help!

They cut out and make an unhappy crackling noise as the music gets through then cuts....gets through then cuts... If you turn the sound up it can push through it for a few moments... then it cuts out again. The right side is fine.

I am running the front components off a seperate Sony Amp. I know the phon cables are ok and have isolated the noise to be due to the head unit /wiring behind the dash/doors or my amp.

Any suggestions on an easy way top sort out an intermittent problem?

it sounds as if its shorting, so have your run new cable to the speakers, if so, did you drill a hole for the cable, and not put a gromet in, it may be that the speaker insulation is damaged somewere and the two cable are touching each other or the chassi, but the cable can move so they move together and away from each other thus cutting out and then coming back again.

I would check the cable going to the speaker,

PS - is it only the mid or both mid and tweet, that will help isolate were the prob is.

OR - HU/amp cannel is damaged - try swapping cannels to see if the problem moves to other comp.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Do as 16vneil says:

Swap the amps speaker output so that the left hand speaker plays the right channel. If there is still crackling then you can eliminate the amp, and indeed anything before it as it is either a wiring or speaker problem.

Your problem sounds like a loose connection, which gets wiggled by vibrations coming from loud sound.