ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lighting an amplifier

Im just finishing my install and want to put neons in to light the amplifier and cross overs. Any help would be appreciated.

The install is a:

alpine cda9183r Hu, Genesis profile 4 Amp, Focal utopia 5ws subs in the rear side pods, and polk components for the front. I would post a pic of the boot build but to be honest afer seeing some other peoples install my quest for the system to be stealthy has resulted in it looking quite subdued

How will you be wanting to turn the neon on mate? You can have it wired various ways. When you put your lights on, when your amp is active, or you can have a manual switch.

I was going to have it turned on when the system is switched on. Maybe use the signal from the head unit to switch it on through a relay of some type

If your amp is in the boot, you could run it from there. What voltage is the neon? I used to run a 12v off the amp itself. Whether I should have or not I dont know. But it worked and didnt seem to have any detrimental effect on performance. My remote wire didnt work (faulty head unit) so I had an inline switch, but its still the same concept.

^^ thats waht ive done, got one cold cathode running at the mo, but in the next few days it will be running another 3. if the amp is in your boot, there is not going to be a time when you will need the lights on when the boot is closed is there!!