ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

liquid yellow paint information

Focus RS + S3
a bodyshop i am using to spray my mirrors etc is having a hard time finding the colour which in all honesty is giving me doubts on the place,

ive told him the colour name, the colour code ( J37 ) my reg and nothing lol

any other info they need to know ?

thanks

LY 182
Based on that I would try another place too. I hear the colour is a right PITA to match to a high level.

Focus RS + S3
just got back from the local renault bodyshop, going to get in touch with a price and they said it wont be done by next saturday (FCS) if they do go ahead with the work

its doing my head in having black bags as mirror caps lol

Golf GT & A4 Avant
TBH if they blow in the surrounding panels it's not to much a challenge for a knowledgeable body shop to do.

Renault J37 is all they need to do it.

They must be using a cheap/sh*t paint system to not be able to find Liquid yellow, even our "cheaper" system at work can get it no probs. Matching it however is another issue.

Focus RS + S3
i think they might be saying they are having trouble as they cba to do them lol been there for well over a month now :(

Focus RS + S3
ive just had the estimate through for spraying of the mirrors and a cup spoiler from my local renault bodyshop and they come back with £254

i thought this was reasonable(ish) lol

or am i being mugged ?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Why would you need to match LY on Mirror caps ffs!

They sound like tools! Give them the code and tell them to paint the caps and the spoiler.

If the colour match is noticeably bad then you need to think about where you're taking your custom.

It's hardly edge to edge with the door!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
ive just had the estimate through for spraying of the mirrors and a cup spoiler from my local renault bodyshop and they come back with £254

i thought this was reasonable(ish) lol

or am i being mugged ?

I think thats a bit expensive tbh?

I had the whole side of my Cup + all bumpstrips done for £450, and its top notch. BMW approved workshop.

yellow clio sport 172
i had the locks removed from both doors,de-wipered and de-badged,locked boot and resprayed for £300 by a bodyshop here and i was extremely impressed with the result. was my starlet ep82.

id also say its £100 overpriced

Aaron

Trophy Turbo :)
Jesus.

The Liquid Yellow is a four stage Colour.

Yellow Prima
Mustard Ground Coat
The Liquid
The Laqure.

hence the prices you have been quoted, When you have a new car you dont want to start pissing round painting your self and make the car look s**t with the laqure starts coming off or its dull.

You pay for what you get
:)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Don't be tight when it comes to spraying LY.

mirror caps admittedly aren't an issue really but I'd only want the best as I spent out the extra for LY buying it brand new and would want it to still be worth every penny.