ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

little compilation of in car vids of my type r mini at santa pod

e91 330d/type r mini
i run my mini at santa pod last weekend at mini's in the park.
it did really well with a best time of 12.9@108mph which was over a second quicker than any other na vtec mini that was there.
i also beat a supercharged b16 a turbo'd b16 and a rwd cosworth mini, between those three the best time they managed was a 13.1 :) we also beat an r1 mini which only managed a 14s dead.
on the vid where it says 13.9 that is a typo erroe and should say 13.09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZB2TV7Qx9s

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
R1 mini's really aren't quick. The people who quote 0-100 in 10 secs really do talk out of their arses.

e91 330d/type r mini
R1 mini's really aren't quick. The people who quote 0-100 in 10 secs really do talk out of their arses.
agreed, according to my time sheet it took him 14.05s to get to 98.6mph
that said they do sound bloody good, not that i could see or hear him whilst in my car ;)

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
I'm so annoyed I could't find you at MITP lol. Me and Dad literally hunted for a white type r clubman but everytime we found a white clubman it was a standard one :DOH:

e91 330d/type r mini
I'm so annoyed I could't find you at MITP lol. Me and Dad literally hunted for a white type r clubman but everytime we found a white clubman it was a standard one :DOH:
It was on the 16v mini stand along with the rest of them.
Did you see the black rwd cosworth? It was parked next to that :/)

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
Nice mini , this one was rather quick at TOTB 2012

IMG_1091.jpg

e91 330d/type r mini
Nice mini , this one was rather quick at TOTB 2012

IMG_1091.jpg

that looks rather nice,do you know what engine was in it and what times it was running?? clearly a turbo lump which i steared away from as i want my car driveable und useable for the track :)

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
It had a hyabusa turbo bike engine i think, it was topping the times on the FWD handling circuit , looked really well put together

e91 330d/type r mini
it definately looks a beast thats for sure, i was tempted with a bike conversion but by all accounts there not very reliable and have lots of issues with chains and sprockets and gearbox problems which is a shame as i think i would like one :(