ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little project

Monaco 37/468
Hi guys,

I have a monaco blue 172 and I am thinking of spraying the 2.0 16V badge on the side yellow/orange and making the embossed text black. Can anyone give me their opinions or even show me examples? :D

Cheers,
Tom

Monaco 37/468
Is it not hard to get hold of Monaco blue paint though? Suppose any blue would be close and un-noticable. Still like the idea of orange though... :D

Monaco 37/468
Like the yellow one. What about the yellow one with black writing? Looks good silver though I suppose. Would I need to mask it off or just rub the paind back off with thinners after spraying it yellow?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm pretty sure you can Buy a Touch Up set in Monaco at Halfrauds, Wilco Etc.

I prefer more Subtle Colouring to the Badges so i'd go Monaco Backed with Silver Lettering or Vice Versa

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Sand it all, Sparay the Backing Colour, Allow to Dry, (I then choose to lightly sand the letering) Then with a steady hand and small brush simply paint the letters wait for it all to dry and laqcuer

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Monaco Backing and Orange Lettering if you must would be my choice if going bright

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'd just go Bright Silver Backed with Monaco Lettering (That's if you still have your silver 172 Wheels?)

Some I did in the Past BUT with Pearl Black Lettering but you'll get the idea

SNV30336.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I like Subtle but if you want bright then go with Monaco backing and Orange Lettering IMO

Subtle I'd do either Anthracite Backed and Monace Lettering or Vice Versa

Example of mine BUT Arctic Blue

SNV30310.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Could look good, Never seen it though, See if people will do some photoshops for you

Monaco 37/468
So I finally opted for a glacier white background with monaco blue lettering. Looks good and will try and get some photos on here later :)