ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loeb in a F1 Car

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Red Bull organised the drive as a ‘thank you’ for winning this year’s World Rally Championship and this was Loeb’s first extended drive of an F1 car, mixing it with the regular F1 drivers around Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya.

Loeb had a better idea of what to expect after his shakedown at Silverstone and produced an excellent performance throughout the day. After spending most of the morning settling in and finding a good balance on the car, Loeb was actually put to more "serious" use in the afternoon, evaluating the Bridgestone slick tyres which will be used in 2009 and providing the team with valuable data.

[YOUTUBE]eNnRD8FJKi8[/YOUTUBE]

Loeb recorded the 8th fastest time of the day at 1:22.503 after completing 82 laps of the 4.6km circuit.

"I don't think I'd like to take this much horsepower into the forests!" said the Frenchman. "It was a great experience and I had fun, although I have to say that driving one of these cars is tougher physically than driving my rally car. Towards the end of the day, I began to get a good feel for the car and enjoyed the sensation of it moving around on the track. I have to say that the level of grip in the high-speed corners is very impressive."

On Tuesday Sebastian Vettel took over for the remaining two days of the test.

Source: Driver's Republic.com
http://www.drivers-republic.com/