ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

London Photography Meet

Righto chaps....anyone fancy this?

I made the trip to London a couple of years ago just for photography, had a pretty good time doing it.

I propose something like this....

Meet somewhere in the afternoon, like 2-3pm or so.......then snap away.....

Get some grub somewhere in the evening.....

Back out when it's dark(er) for some night photography.

Wrap up when everyone's bored or fed up!

As for locations, I guess we'll be mostly around the big touristy places near the river, so this is going to be central London locations, Big Ben, London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square etc. If anyone has any worth while places to visit, then by all means shout them out.

I would hope we could do this fairly soon, so within the next few weeks. That way, going by the times I mentioned before, we can get some daytime shots in the afternoon, then some night shots without it being silly o'clock. Also, when it's dark around this time, there's more traffic so makes light trails more interesting. We could also finish up by 8-9pm (example!) and people could still get home at a reasonable time.

So hows that sound?

I'll see what the response is like, but we might have to 'limit' the group size, or make a couple of groups. Only say that as I can see it being a pain in the ass if 15 togs are setting up tripods to get the same shot!!

FYI too, you don't need any fancy gear for this at all, a tripod is a MUST though!!

Oil Burner
Sounds good. I work in London Bridge/Borough Market (another very popular photography spot on Thursday and Fridays). So i will probably just take a half day if we go for a week day?

Forgot to ask about which day!

Well a weekend would be great for me, but I could take a half day too.

Nick - could you get us at the top of that tower lol?! I see you can on their website, but I bet it's no photography, or no tripods etc

Emma - I'm not exactly close either, I'll be taking a 2hr train at £40. Dig deep ;)

So is a Friday good for people?

Oil Burner
Forgot to ask about which day!

Well a weekend would be great for me, but I could take a half day too.

Nick - could you get us at the top of that tower lol?! I see you can on their website, but I bet it's no photography, or no tripods etc

I'm not sure it's even open yet, still got a while yet to be finished.

Friday would be good with me.

Disastra Coupe
I kinda fancy this. Would really depend on when it is though. Also a complete newbie to photography.

I'm in providing I'm free (try and make myself available). Great idea. Always want to make the journey into town but too lazy on my own.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Id go to a Bristol one... or Cardiff ;) haha london is a 5 hour drive one way for me :( not fancying that!! have fun :p

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
WooHoo!! haha just let me know i'll be there :p, What about the mountains amazing roads over here see with plenty of photo spots ;)

I could probably arrange a half day. See when the majority are free, would have thought there are a few about in the SE who'd come along.

Disastra Coupe
I'd have to check with work about those date's. I'm sure i'd manage one of them. Am i right in thinking you're local-ish to me Dan? If so could maybe try and catch the same train.

If we did the 10th then there is an exhibition on in Holborn of Darren Heaths work... Link for those that don't know the name : http://www.darrenheath.com/

ooooo!!

Love his work! Great guy to follow on twitter too.

Well if I say the 10th, we'll see how many people can do it. If not, we'll try another day.

Probably easier than saying, 'what date is best?'

So peeps, see if you can get half day on the 10th (I hope I can get that off too lol!)

Cool.

The only trouble with having a half day is we're commited.

If by Thursday night, the weather looks crap from the Friday - we're screwed. I guess we'll just have to risk it.

Fiesta ST-3
I'd love to do this but its too short notice for the distance away from home as I'd have to stay over.

2.2 bar shed.
Pretty short notice. Might be able to do it though, what train you thinking of getting?

Pretty short notice. Might be able to do it though, what train you thinking of getting?

I'll be getting the Evesham to Paddington train, which I'm pretty sure goes through Worcester beforehand.

Not sure on the time yet, depends if it's even on, and what time people want to meet.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
I'm sure us Welshies will pick a few up from the train and then drive to spots, maybe go up the mountains then may get a few good photos of our cars too ;) haha. Depends how far you want to go though, there should be some nice spots if we drove along the coast.... haha wishful thinking much?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I am up for this Dan, I am unsure I can get a half day however.. I Could finish around 2pm and be in London for 3 pm ish ?

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
I think a meet in Cross Hands ;) then go Pembrey, Mumbles, Llangenell just take wellies haha!!

I am up for this Dan, I am unsure I can get a half day however.. I Could finish around 2pm and be in London for 3 pm ish ?

That should be fine. If I were doing this on my own, I'd aim to get into London around 2-3pm, then shoot for a few hours, get some grub, then shoot for a few more in the evening.

For those that can't get the afternoon off, could always meet us later in the evening for the night shots.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
That should be fine. If I were doing this on my own, I'd aim to get into London around 2-3pm, then shoot for a few hours, get some grub, then shoot for a few more in the evening.

For those that can't get the afternoon off, could always meet us later in the evening for the night shots.

Excellent! However my knowledge of getting around London is just awful lol..

I'm no better lol! Last time I got the train into Paddington, then underground to Embankment. Walked literally every else.

As long as I end up in Paddington by the end of the night, I don't mind where we go.

2.2 bar shed.
Well I've been planning to go so I'll just bring my s**t forward. I'll be bringing the medium format beast if I can, lugging a tripod/rb67 around might turn out to be a tragic mistake.