ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Longbridge Tunnel Mini......Has been pulled.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
For those of you that don't know, the car is a 1970's ish. 1275GT Mini Clubman in the rare colour Raynard Bronze.

The story goes that it fell of the production line and was damaged, then it was used as a pool car for 11 miles (the 11 miles on the clock) when it was crashed or something happened and hidden in the tunnels. It was the left for near 40 years.

This car was pulled from the tunnels recently, a bloke named steve was given access by the Chinese owners of longbridge to take out whatever he wanted from the tunnels. He wanted the Mini.

Its currently being re-stored with the Main dent in the roof being popped out. I saw it at Bingley Hall and to be honest its impressive but, just a Mini that had been down a tunnel. I don't know how the purist Mini enthusiast will react to the restoration as it has, no subframes, no engine etc.

Any way, here are the Picture I got of it at Bingley Hall, as you can Imagine. It was Swamped.

8419897267_8d4a7f7455_b.jpg

here are some of my friends, he's a professional photographer so his are a fair bit better.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4776179.-2207520000.1359543026&type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4776179.-2207520000.1359543026&type=3&theater

Noah

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Yep thats the car, I would've left it down there, to be honest. Leave a little bit of History at the Longbridge plant.

I don't know how registering it would go. Hasn't got a VIN number either, its an un-identifiable car.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose it has a story behind it, and if that story can be found then it would be worth something, but it'd probably be removed at some point either when they fill the tunnel in or if they were clearing space down there, so it'd probably be better to let it go to a restorer than a skip.

TT QS
I live/work about 5 mins from longbridge and when it closed my neighbour did some work there (not too sure what he was doing mind) but a lot of rumours around here was that there was cars stashed away like that mini. I heard there was a 6r4 with no engine. That's only what I heard mind so it could very well be b****cks lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
+1 I liked them pics that tunnel must have took ages to build, so I guess it's not used for anything now? Such a waste.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
I only found out a few weeks ago that this had been taken out, quite interested in this kinda stuff! I reckon if it was left it would have been skipped if the tunnels were filled, or cemented in! Good on the guy for saving it IMO, would be cool if it was in a museum as it was taken out though!

TT QS
+1 I liked them pics that tunnel must have took ages to build, so I guess it's not used for anything now? Such a waste.

Theres only a building where they sell the new mgs which was a museum for the touring cars etc. the rest of the plant is flat so god knows where that tunnel was

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
i worked on a site before and the foreman had done some work of somekind at longbridge. and he noticed a metro 6r4 tucked away, said it was immaculate, and looked like it had never moved.

i bet theres alsorts there to be honest, quite interesting really

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i need some rover bits lol

woudl have been useful trip for spares hehehe

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
I saw some pictures like in that link from an urban explorer that had a pic or the prototype MGF coupe and the Rover 75 coupe. Wonder what happened to those?