ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for a 172 £4k price range

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
Never really thought about getting a Clio 172 until recently, been looking at focuses but they're a little limited at the moment so focusing my attention to other cars. What should I be looking at around the £4k price range? Anything I should look out for in particular with a 172 approximately 5 year old?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
for 4k and a 5yrs old 172 you will be looking at alot of things!!! High Miles one of them. The prev gen 172 would be better in your budget or if you can stretch to closer to 5k you can get a decent 172. My only gripe with the older 172 is the interior its solid but very odd looking nowadays

A Flamin' Red one
I picked my 172 up for £3,950. It's a Y reg so one of the first off the line but only 52,000 miles which is a hell of a lot better than the 4k you'd be spending on a 60k+ 172. The only thing which I have discovered that needs changing are the front brakes and pads.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
There are a couple of 172's on the other make with 30k on the clock within your price range.Around 3800

clio sport 172, 2002
mine was up for £4500, but managed to get it for £4000

2002, black, 54,000miles, full S/H, mint

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I am in exactly the same boat and from what i can see there is a fair choice to be had. ALthough there seems to be a fair number of jokers out there who think their 172's are worth alot more than what they will sell for.

mk 2 172
got my nonaco for 4k, fsh,58k good nick too. if your going for mid milage check for cam belt, they need doing around 72k i think

172 Cup
Got My Monaco with 58k, Y Reg, 1 owner from New, FSH (Cam belt to be done) mint condition inside and out £3250.down from £3495.