ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for a Mk2 172 Dials cluster

RS 172
Hey guys, I'm currently on the look out for a set of 172 dials for my Iceburg. For reasons beyond me the car currently has a standard set of Clio dials with the plain black surrounds (so only shows revs up to 7k max). This also means that my trip computer button does sod all.

I'm currently talking to someone breaking a 172 Cup and he wants any offer over £30 for them. I just really wanted to check that these dials will be ok to fit to a normal 172, as I didnt know whether or not the Cups had the computer? If not, is anyone selling any, or know of anywhere I can get some. I know I can try Renault but if their other RS parts are anything to go buy, I can imagine having to fork out big bucks for them direct.

RS 172
Right I've found some, but all adverts for them state the current clock reading. Does this mean if I plugged a 35k set of clocks into my 60k car that it would read out 35k?

If so I'd like to be able to reprogram it, because I dont want to be responsible for clocking a car if possible? Any advice?

Da

Less
Yes, the mileage is on the clocks not the car. They can be reprogrammed though, there's companies out there that offer the service.

As far as I'm aware the Cup dials should be fine in your 172.
I have two dial sets here infront of me but they're from non-sports.