ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loosing rear end round track

Ryan Spiteri

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 & Fiesta ST
Hi guys had my 172 out for its first track day at Croft this weekend. The rear end is very unstable and span out twice during the day. I tried adjusting dampening and tyre pressures throughout the day but couldn't sort the issue. I also found my bias valve isn't working as it should and was locking the rear wheels which could be the issue for the handling but I'm just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions of what could cause it.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hi guys had my 172 out for its first track day at Croft this weekend. The rear end is very unstable and span out twice during the day. I tried adjusting dampening and tyre pressures throughout the day but couldn't sort the issue. I also found my bias valve isn't working as it should and was locking the rear wheels which could be the issue for the handling but I'm just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions of what could cause it.
What's the geometry like on the rear end? What spring rates are you running at the rear? What tyre pressures also?

I've done a track day with more rear bias than normal (abs disabled) and had no real issues with a lose rear end, the rears would lock up though. Was you trail braking hard into corners?

Fiat Coupe/Clio 182
Locking the rear wheels won't be helping!
Surprisingly, I remember reading that in a certain scenario more brake bias to the rear prevents them locking.

Ryan Spiteri

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 & Fiesta ST
It was dry all day so good conditions. It's got 300lbs springs on the rear and adjustable dampening (gaz golds). Also got -2 camber with ns2r tyres, tried them at a few different pressures but didn't make any difference