ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud Squeak above 80mph

Black 182
Iam gettin a loud squeak about 80 sometime 90, seems to be coming from inside the car, its very random, any ideas guys, its very anoying, iam sure my mates old megan did the same thing

182cup & 172 racecar
You might find that it is the screen rubber,it starts to lift in the corner's and makes a very high pitched squeak type noise,mine does it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Def the windscreen. 100%. try pushing the plastic on the rear view mirror about. That was where my high pitch noise came from

I have exactly the same thing. driving me nuts!! I'm going to try taking out the light panel in the roof and stuffing it with foam or somthing, it seems to be coming from in there cos the noise stops when i press it upwards.
very annoying though.

Black 182
Sorry i for got to say it was on my a private road on my own island with no speed limits, ops i need to wake up abit, well get a mate to have a play around next time iam on the road, cuz it would be very dangerous if i take my mind off the road :)

RB FF 182
Do you have a scared mouse as a passenger?

[Defo windscreen rubbers, mine was the same when I got it. Just wasnt that loud as the exhasut was deafening.]

Renault Clio S
I had this problem a while back; the squeaking noise would appear at speeds above 40-50. The problem was caused by the interior pastic cover/panel that covered the passenger side window door frame. It had been removed during an electric window relay replacement and hadn't been clipped back in properly.

i have a whislte at 50 60 and thats annoying, but thats what u got a cd player for crank up the music and wipe the tears away