ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Louder whine after fitting power flex dogbone mount

I get a very low level whine noise from the car when going along in 4th doing around 40 which stops making a noise when I release the accelerator or go faster and it also does it when engine breaking, but I have noticed that since fitting the powerflex dogbone mount it now sounds louder.

I was just wondering if the whine is gearbox related and the powerflex dogbone mount is maybe putting more stress on it? The thing is that it never crunches in any of the gears and it always shifts really well

Has anyone else had either of these issues or know what it might be?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
more likely your engine mounts are making the noise as they will be under more stress due to no give in the dogbone now.

more likely your engine mounts are making the noise as they will be under more stress due to no give in the dogbone now.

Well I have the KTR up-rated upper engine and gearbox mount to put in but haven't go round to it yet. I went to do it at the weekend but I couldn't get the gearbox one to fit on as there wasn't enough thread on the middle bolt poking through to bolt it down so I gave up :eek:

When did you last change the box oil?
Renault changed it last year as I thought it might need doing