ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered my Cup!

Finally got my cup lowered using eibach springs. This is the second time Ive gone for eibach as the first was on my 106gti which is my best handling car to date and it was really good on that. After the little get together with the boys I realised the cup was good but leaned too much which affected your confidence in yourself and the car a lot.

Anyway, the result? Very good! Basically slight drop of 25-30mm so it loses that tractor look but the handling is much tighter without losing the supplenes of the standard height which is hard to believe I know. In fact I would say it is better than standard for taking the bumps. With the standard setup the car seemed to "crash" a little on the bumps but now just has a little "bump" noise and you wince less especially when you have 17s on like mine.

Definately recommended for cup owners or other clios too! They cost more than other makes but I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".

Hope this is useful to everyone.

lol i saw that today, bet thatl put a few ppl off

usually around the 100 mark for 2 springs, dunno if cup has rear springs...

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by steve_rt on 08 August 2003

lol i saw that today, bet thatl put a few ppl off

usually around the 100 mark for 2 springs, dunno if cup has rear springs...
I think I paid £125 for my Eibachs. Add around £50 for fitting and £30 to get the wheel alignment re-done.

Mine were £130 plus fitting, oh forgot to mention I got the camber adjustment bolts from ktec which do their job fine.

Alignment was £40.

kartman are these the eibach sport springs (I assume yes, as you say they lower the car 25-30mm and the pro kit only lower 15-20mm). What camber setting did you use on the front wheels, and have you done anything to the rear wheels? Are you going to keep the standard dampers?

Did you keep the shocks as standard?..I know some people uprate to Konis at the same time of fitting Eibachs...will be thinking of doing this when I get my 172 next month!

~counts down days~

The camber on the cup is aolready adjusted 3 degrees negative so why would you need KTEc camber adjusting bolts for springs that arent much lower than the standard ones?

hence my earlier question. It sounds like hes gone for the eibach sport springs which lower the car 30+mm and that will increase negative camber over the original settings and need readjustment

Quote: Originally posted by RSTDL on 08 August 2003

The camber on the cup is aolready adjusted 3 degrees negative so why would you need KTEc camber adjusting bolts for springs that arent much lower than the standard ones?
erm, no its not.

Just found out its the pro kit which would explain the small drop and soft ride. Lucky thats all I need as I have to use my car to buy stuff for work which would have it scraping on the floor.

I still think you need the adjustment bolts even for a small drop.

Quote: Originally posted by kartman on 08 August 2003

Mine were £130 plus fitting, oh forgot to mention I got the camber adjustment bolts from ktec which do their job fine.

Alignment was £40.
Are the camber bolts necessary with the Pro springs and standard wheels on a 172?

Darren

Quote: Originally posted by Darren555 on 08 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by kartman on 08 August 2003

Alignment was £40.
Are the camber bolts necessary with the Pro springs and standard wheels on a 172?

Darren
no

The wheels are 17 inch arospeed rsgt in hyperblack

Thanks for the compliment Tom, took me ages to decide on them! Loads of photoshopin etc!

Camber bolts maybe overkill on my part but the garage didnt charge me extra to fit them. Plus I was worried because when I lowered my 106 the tyres didnt wear evenly. Still got 10,000 miles out of em but obviously could have got more.