ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered question???

I have 60mm lowering springs, fitted the rear ones as I had spare time, managed to get that done, front is still sitting on the standard everything, and rear is now lowered 60mm, but it's still sitting quite high (3 days after doing it) (doing front on Saturday) my question is this: will it go lower on the back when I do the front? Because I'm a bit disappointed with how high it is still even after lowering it BUT I have in my head that it will go to propper lows when I do the front? But it might not make a difference to the back. Thanks :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Have you a pic? You want the rear to sit higher anyway mate. Only other thing if it's higher than it should is if the shocks are wrong

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Standard shocks will be fine. I've seen cars with none correct shocks run a lot higher than normal shocks

Grab a pic when done mate :smile:
This was 10 minutes after I put the springs on, so not at propper height, the front has dropped slightly more now looks good :) (back still sits high lol)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 41

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
That was my thought but even in the pic the passanger rear should sit lower because of the drpp

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe it's the shocks being a none sport. Would sport shocks fit? Not clued up on 1.2's etc

I would imagine so yes, but I bought these on a budget, otherwise I was getting coilovers (next time I will always go coilovers) but if I got shocks it would end up being same price as coilovers so I'm not going to bother lol