ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowered = scrubing

clio 182 sport
hey i have a clio 182 with standard wheels on it i have lowerd it 40mm and it is scrubing now is there any reason for this does any1 eles scrub i dont mind it but me gf hates the noise it only does it when i turn and over pot holes and stuf

hope sum1 can help me cure the prob ;)

172 ph1
I'm having a similar problem, but with less drop, on KW V2 - front driveshafts grinding on the body under hard cornering

With about 30~35mm drop, both front and back, I've noticed that the front driveshafts grind on the car body under hard cornering on the track.

Is the car just too low or could it be that my bumpstops are worn out or something?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
what size/profile tyres are you using?

with 50 profile my pug scrubs on full lock, with 45 it clears the arch no problem

172 ph1
I'm on 195/50 R15, standard tire size for ph1, but I don't have tire scrub, I have drive shaft scrub :(

E92 M3
it mite just be the wheels on ya mud guards could be anything. take the wheels off and see if you can see where its rubbing if its just your mug guard get them taking out

SQ5
Where the hell is everyones driveshafts scrubbing lol!? I don't know of any sport lower than mine (equal yes) but I don't knock my driveshaft anywhere :S

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
they knock just as they come through the bay into the arch around half way down the shaft,
mine does this but the front bumper is only 3" off the floor

172 ph1
Where the hell is everyones driveshafts scrubbing lol!? I don't know of any sport lower than mine (equal yes) but I don't knock my driveshaft anywhere :S
I only hear the buzzing when it's undergoing extreme cornering - at the Nurburging - Flugplatz, Steilstreckenkurve and Galgenkopf