ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a 172..

BG 182
My problem is that I cant undo the top strut bolt which i think is 21mm. I bought a drop down spanner, and plugged an allen key into the top of it to stop it moving, however the whole thing keeps moving around freely.. Im not sure what to do, I dont want to over do it because im afraid of something snapping.. Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks all,
Danni

BG 182
I thought about that.. but thought I should ask first and see what answers solutions I could get, thanks Day

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
or just go to a garage ask them to loosen it and take a very gentle drive home.

1.6 focus zetec....
Get someone to hold the shock aswell?? I can't see why its still turning with the allen key in... Might just be me not picturing it properly lol...

Try the 'safe' options first though hey??

BG 182
I had someone holding the shocks aswell but still no good :(
My mate works as a mechanic for renault so hes hired out the garage this saturday, hopefully get it done by then :)

undo it a few turns while the cars on the ground. It will be much easier than trying to do it jackep up. Give it a blast of lube the night b4 also same with rears

Yeah I undid mine whilst on the ground. The impact wrench undoes it so quickly the middle part doesn't get chance to turn lol.

BG 182
Tried the impact wrench last night while the car was on the ground.. still no good.. Im starting to get a little worries now that mine doesnt seem to even have the slightest trace of moving at all! What about a Torx Gun?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Might sound silly but your turning keeping the allen key straight or turning it opposite to the spanner right?