ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering mk3 on eibachs

182/ 172 Cup
Just lowered my mk3 on 40mm eibachs, should I have put the plastic covers on the eibachs that were covering the bottom of the original springs? Iv lowered loads of cars and never seen these plastic covers. Thanks

CLIO 197 Ultra red
yeah i fitted my eibachs this week and re used the OE rubbers. it stops the metal on metal contact which will rub the paint off and can make noises.

182/ 172 Cup
Just seems weird why eibach didn't fit any on there springs? I wonder if we actually need to fit them? Thanks for your reply, they give a Lovly ride well pleased :)

CLIO 197 Ultra red
im pretty sure they do need fitting. think thats why the blue rubber which comes ready fitted to the spring (to stop stonechips etc) does not go down to the bottom coil.

im well impressed with the ride too now. much more supple now.

Clio GT 1.6
Hey kristian do you mind putting any pics up? Also where did you get the springs from? Thanks!

CLIO 197 Ultra red
heres mine on eibach's and cup shocks. not the best of picture but the weather has been rubbish

IMG_0119.jpg