ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering the front on a 172 cup QUESTION!

clio 172 cup
hi guys, ive just bought a set of springs for my 172 cup. Ive fitted the rear springs nice an easily but my problem lies at the front.

Im finding it impossible to undo the nuts at the top of the suspension mounts under the bonnet. as i try the to undo, the whole suspension twists which obviously isnt good. Tried soaking the nuts in wd40 but they will not budge!!!

there is an allen key head in the middle of the nut which ive tried to loosen but again no luck with that either.

Has any1 lowered there 172 cup personally who can help me with this as i dont want to go to the expense of going to a garage when i can do it myself, albeit after ive loosened the nuts!!

Any help would be appreciated!!

Clio 197
Keep the wheels on the ground, use wd40 if you must but something like super slacks or plus gas is better. You need to support the strut insert by holding the Allen key in the center whilst trying to undo the nut with a spanner, they key is holding the Allen key in place - it will come undone.

Failing that like Fred said take it to a garage and get them to do it with a buzz gun