ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering

Decided to lower my 182. Its a non cup packed but going to lower on eibach and change the shocks to 172 cups.

New to all this. Is that all i should/absolutely need to do.?

Thanks

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Need to know a little more about the lowering springs. Eibach are known for excellent quality suspension but underwhelming visual changes (especially with lowering springs alone). Shocks and springs are all you need really. As long as they're seated properly and the two components aren't disproportionate they'll work like standard but lower.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Eibach don't really lower the car unfortunately but do improve the handling.

A nice compromise is the Cooksport springs - a nice drop and improved handling :)

mk1 Octavia VRS
Eibach do two spring kits:
Pro-kit - firmer than stock, lower by a small amount (approx 15mm)
Sport line - lower by more like 30-40mm. May be stiffer? I couldn't tell much difference - not as much difference as the difference between stock and pro-kit springs.

I have pro-kit springs on mine with cup shocks. I would say it is perfect for the road - not too low, can get over speed bumps OK, great along B roads, not really uncomfortable on a long journey.

I replaced the bump stops and dust covers at the same time. You could also replace the top mounts or just clean up the existing ones before re-assembling.

Eibach do two spring kits:
Pro-kit - firmer than stock, lower by a small amount (approx 15mm)
Sport line - lower by more like 30-40mm. May be stiffer? I couldn't tell much difference - not as much difference as the difference between stock and pro-kit springs.

I have pro-kit springs on mine with cup shocks. I would say it is perfect for the road - not too low, can get over speed bumps OK, great along B roads, not really uncomfortable on a long journey.

I replaced the bump stops and dust covers at the same time. You could also replace the top mounts or just clean up the existing ones before re-assembling.

Informative. Thankyou

Inferno 182
I'm sure you've seen plenty pics on here from searching but when my sport lines arrive I'll fire up a pic or two.

Gee.

182 ff
i put sportsline on mine (182 cup packs) it lowers about 15mm you might get 25mm if yours is 10mm higher .. i did measure before and after... you can put koni yellows dampers on yours ..if your spacing is 54mm .. if you want lower springs go for cooksports....you might get up to 40mm with them..(on a none cup)