ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Macbook Pro

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Hi All,

I've had my iMac for about 7 years now and loved it, it was one of the first aluminium cased ones. But being over 7 years old now it's starting to be a bit slow and hesitant in doing things, to the point it can be annoying.

I was going to get an iPad and new iMac but have decided just on a macbook pro retina.

I was about to buy one today but thought i should check first if there are any new ones in the pipeline, which there seem to be plenty of rumours of new ones this year but not until september. I don't keep up to date with computers but do like to know i'm getting something that's going to last a while, so my question for all those here who are a bit more familiar with all things apple and technology, are the changes in laptops ever big ones? especially the next macbook pros about to come out worth waiting potentially up to 6 months for?

Any help much appreciated
Gman

Nissan Jewk
DOn't think there's any new MBP's coming out for a little while, only thing i've heard rumoured is a new MacBook Air - 12" with retina display?

182 track, Mk7 ST
I asked about this in my local Apple store on Friday as I went with the intention of purchasing a new MacBook anyway but had heard seen a couple of things on the net about rumoured upgrades. Spoke to the manager and he said he hadn't heard anything about any upgrades that are due and made a very valid point that if you keep waiting for Apple updates, you' never buy anything from them or you'd be buying something new at least once a year lol!

I ended up going with a top spec MacBook Retina Pro 13", student discount worked wonders thankfully otherwise I wouldn't have gone for this model.

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
That's what I've decided, just need to find myself a student now :)

and and wether to go top spec or the one under.

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Is that a tried and tested method?

I know getting a student cousin of mine to buy me one isn't exactly legitimate but it's a bit less risky than me buying one from a link surely?

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Did you go for the applecare? I'd like to but it says it's the HE contract, not sure if to just purchase it afterwards as a normal purchase, even though it's like £160 more!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yep and when it arrived it's just a normal Apple care certificate...

y2a5u6u5.jpg

You already get 3 year warranty with student orders I believe:

10.1.1 All Apple-branded desktop and portable computer products sold after October 1st 2005 within the framework of the HE National Agreement shall be subject to a 36 calendar month warranty period (the “HE National Agreement Warranty”) commencing from the date of delivery.

The only reason to buy the Applecare is for 3 years telephone support.