ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Machine polish advice please

turbo 182
Hi all,

going to purchase the silverline rotary polisher and also the 3M polish sample kit which includes fast cut+,fine cut and ultra refine, each are 250ml

what pads should I purchase aswell?

Car is badly swirled up and has a few deeper scratches here and there aswell.

is the paint on my 182 soft or hard like VAG paint?

any advice would be great however ive got my heart set on a rotary so please don't say a DA is better for a beginner

thanks

Golf GT & A4 Avant
3m pads are nice, and an easy combo with their polishes. definitely get their blue and yellow. Green can be a bit coarse from my little trial with it so maybe consider wool pad instead.

Renaultsport models is different paint to standard Renault paint and can be a bit hard, but not VAG hard.

edit, just re read your a beginner so maybe just stick to 3m blue and yellow combo's till you get the hang of a rotary.

try and watch as many videos to get your speed, pressure and amount of passes in mind before going at a panel

turbo 182
3m pads are nice, and an easy combo with their polishes. definitely get their blue and yellow. Green can be a bit coarse from my little trial with it so maybe consider wool pad instead.

Renaultsport models is different paint to standard Renault paint and can be a bit hard, but not VAG hard.

edit, just re read your a beginner so maybe just stick to 3m blue and yellow combo's till you get the hang of a rotary.

try and watch as many videos to get your speed, pressure and amount of passes in mind before going at a panel

Thanks for that, yeah trying to watch as many videos on YouTube as possible and on DW