ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

magnecor ignition leads

(icebreg) clio 172 ph2
just a quick 1

Are they worth buying? just ordered a itg panel filter, de-cat, braided lines and some green stuff pads all to be fitted at weekend!! was going to get the leads too, but dont really know much about them?? just after alittle info

cheers peeps

172 phII
I didn t want to open yet another topic regarding ignition leads so I will post my question here.

My 172 ph II has 125 000 km ( 78 000 miles) and ignition leads have never been changed. Would it be wise to change them and replace them with magnecor leads? Serial ones are in a perfect running order for now.

Clio 172 MK II
I didn t want to open yet another topic regarding ignition leads so I will post my question here.

My 172 ph II has 125 000 km ( 78 000 miles) and ignition leads have never been changed. Would it be wise to change them and replace them with magnecor leads? Serial ones are in a perfect running order for now.

Do not change things that are working ;)

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
What about a car that runs a little lumpy or has a cold start problem. The metal inside of mine is over 5 years old, surely they won't conduct as well as when new.

i bought the magnecor leads for mine , cant say they make alot of difference but like you said why not , they are cheaper than std ones . (i sold my old ones for 40 quid ) so in theory bought these for 30 .

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Mine is running Magnecor, runs perfectly. Were fitted when I purchased the car so cannot comment on originals.

172 phII
Long forgotten thread but this info is worth bumping it.

A couple of friends of mine (all 172 owners) bought these and to my surprise they had a lot of misfires, changed to stock and things are now as theyr suppose to be!

I have bought red ones and so far, knock on wood, all is good.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
18.5mm ones ??? that is what i have :approve:

Long forgotten thread but this info is worth bumping it.

A couple of friends of mine (all 172 owners) bought these and to my surprise they had a lot of misfires, changed to stock and things are now as theyr suppose to be!

I have bought red ones and so far, knock on wood, all is good.