ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MAGNEX

i been lookin into buying an exaughst for a while but i drive quite a few miles and cant be botherd with the loud roar that most cars seem to have! dont get me wrong, sound mint and all that but it would just piss me right off!

i want the power obviously, just not excessive amounts of noise!

i have been told to look at magnex, this a good idea? thought id check it with u lot and not just listen to a solitary saxo driver!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

heard remus and magnex r both nice and quiet. although ktec have released a quieter system now apparently...dunno how loud though

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The mongoose systems are meant to be slightly quieter than the magnex ones..

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

I have a magnex on my car.

It is brilliant, not loud as the k-tec, but when warmed up it gives a really nice sound,

have had no problems with it, and is held on really well via a bracket,

one of the main reasons i went for it!!

sweet! any one got ne pics of there arses showin their pipes?

lol

just been told if i dont sort an exaught im a nob lol (nice mates i have u see)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yep ive got a magnex too.

I love mine! Doesnt make it sound loud, just nice! Pops a bit too when its warm. As for motorway drivin it isnt much different to standard inside.

Burbels nicely too on tick over!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 19 April 2004

ive now got a magnex. nice sound without being to loud. pretty pleased with it.
Thats how mine was for the first few months. Since I let y0z thrash my car and the hard driving it had in Scotland its got considerably louder. So much so Im tempted to get it looked at as I bought it as I wanted something quieter. Its great most the time but motorway journeys leave me with headache, even worse when I have a hangover.

Odd, on the way back from Scotland Pootle drove and I slept off the night befores beer. It was quieter in the passenger seat than the drivers!!

Youll see mine and Hass at the Mids meet this weekend.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i must admit mine is getting louder than it was when i first fitted it. I was thinking of going to the mids meet but it is quite a way for me to travel so i dont know yet.

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine started off boomy, then settled down nicely. Now I think whatever it was that was keeping the noise down in the exhaust is probably somewhere in Scotland.

It would be interesting to compare it with another one if either of you two are coming along this weekend. :D

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

mines never been really boomy but it is getting louder. seems to be a bit louder when its hot as well. not sure on the mids meeting yet as its a bit far for me.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

mines is defo louder when hot, i think the magnex exhausts do get a bit louder the more miles they get on them. sure that was the case on my valver a few years back it i remember rightly.

ive got a devil cat back system. its quite drowny bout wouldnt say that loud loud enought so u know its there (never heard from out side the car)