ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maguiars Gold Class Shampoo

Clio 197
I've been using AG shampoo for the past 6 years...

...and thanks to a bit of advise, I switched to Maguiars gold class shampoo.

The results are visibly better than the AG shampoo - more shine IMO.

WAY more suds too. The recommended 'four capfulls' is enough to turn your bucket into shaving foam if you so choose.

I'd say it was a bit too thick to pour, and I used far too much as a result. I suppose next time I'll have a better idea of how much to use.

I'd also say that it doesn't quite cut into grime as much as the AG shampoo; I can forsee myself having something else to hand for the odd stubborn stain.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
same as me dude. I've used autoglym stuff for the last 10 years. Rich recomended me Meg's stuff and i was like ... WOW.

Different league imo.

Shed.
Just infished my gold class now. i wont be using it again, will get an old favorite of mine next - Nxt gen wash ;)

I use 2.

One is for general washing, a blob of it, or about that, per bucket, gives plenty of suds and is non agressive. Meguirs Shampoo Plus. Ive had quite a few different car washes over the past months and ive found this one has prooved to be my favorite.

The other is used for stripping when i want to start from scratch. In all honesty i thought id try the gold class this time round and found it to be very very soapy and agressive. i wont be buying it again, but i wouldnt reccomend it for an "everyday wash".

106 GTi
Just infished my gold class now. i wont be using it again, will get an old favorite of mine next - Nxt gen wash ;)

I use 2.

One is for general washing, a blob of it, or about that, per bucket, gives plenty of suds and is non agressive. Meguirs Shampoo Plus. Ive had quite a few different car washes over the past months and ive found this one has prooved to be my favorite.

The other is used for stripping when i want to start from scratch. In all honesty i thought id try the gold class this time round and found it to be very very soapy and agressive. i wont be buying it again, but i wouldnt reccomend it for an "everyday wash".

I would be surprised if NXT stripped everything off in one use, it does considerably reduce the life of waxes.

Lee

BMW M2C
I have half a dozen big bottles of gold class for sale, if anyones interested PM me!

Crap, that'll teach me to not read CS during the day. I stopped off at Halfrauds last night and purchased some of the shampoo, wax, application pads and a bottle of tyre back stuff.

106 GTi
The AG is not designed to foam up, hence the lack of suds.

Good shout on the Zymol (turtle wax) Autowash, it is the best off the shelf soap Halfords sell.

Mito Sportiva 135
I used to use some Turtle Extreme shampoo or something, came in a green bottle, and remember thinking it was pretty good...oribably was s**t but better than the Mer stuff we used at work which was lame.

Lee

BMW M2C

Good shout on the Zymol (turtle wax) Autowash, it is the best off the shelf soap Halfords sell.

I could have not bothered getting the Gold Class shampoo then really. Provided I can find my old bottle of Zymol Autowash.

Last edited:
  Dodgy one

For the money you cant argue, Lots of suds and leaves a pretty good finish, Ive gone onto Shampoo plus, which smells lovely :cool:

106 GTi

I could have not bothered getting the Gold Class shampoo then really. Provided I can find my old bottle of Zymol Autowash.

I told you the other day to use that up!

For the money you cant argue, Lots of suds and leaves a pretty good finish, Ive gone onto Shampoo plus, which smells lovely :cool:

Shampoo Plus is great for the money.

Lee

BMW M2C
My memory is going in my old age. I was passing Halfrauds and decided to stop and buy some Gold Class.

Oh well, I'll try and find the Zymol in the cupboard and finish it off. At least I got some cold class wax to try, and some new applicator pads.

Lee

BMW M2C
I couldn't find the Zymol. Must have used it all.

That Megs gold class shampoo is nice though, but the wax was even better. The NXT wax was easy to appy but didn't come off anywhere near as easy as the gold class.