ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Make your wax?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Alot of the guys on DW got it for christmas, said it was fun to make etc. im sure well see some reviews of it in the upcoming weeks!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Bit pointless IMO, surely everyone who buys will just end up with the same generic wax.

A bit of a geeky gimmick, could just buy a pre made wax

Golf GT & A4 Avant
the thought of making my own wax appeals to me more than actually using it. but as it a case of add the flakes to the pre mixed liquid it kinda takes a bit of the fun out of it. But then using something you've made yourself must be more reqarding than off the shelf, wether or not they will all be the same generic brew of wax.

it's all a bit of fun at the end of the day.

I would like to give it a go i might wait for a few months for the weather to pick up.

Be good to see reviews from the DW guys. Gally must have some info on it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Gally's stepped over to the dark side of super duper sealants, never to use his glasur or glazes again. ;) keeps checking the for sale section.

Not even sure if he was a particular fan of DJ waxes TBH

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Gally's stepped over to the dark side of super duper sealants, never to use his glasur or glazes again. ;) keeps checking the for sale section.

Not even sure if he was a particular fan of DJ waxes TBH

Loller. I like Purple haze mate, they have their place in the market and I have to say PJ and Dom are super genuine people, they won't try and blind you with crap imo even though their colour waxes need about 6 layers before actually changing the colour hue.

Their beading is the best on the maket, you can always tell dodo beading. Uniform and tight.

images

I wouldn't go near the own wax kit, it's just a novelty thing, depends if you really want to just use your own wax I suppose.

i fancy this kit as well. love dodo juice waxes.
just got bouncers 22 wax tho so need to try that first.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Loller. I like Purple haze mate, they have their place in the market and I have to say PJ and Dom are super genuine people, they won't try and blind you with crap imo even though their colour waxes need about 6 layers before actually changing the colour hue.

Their beading is the best on the maket, you can always tell dodo beading. Uniform and tight.

I wouldn't go near the own wax kit, it's just a novelty thing, depends if you really want to just use your own wax I suppose.

So Glasur? Amigo? etc etc Keepers or should I keep an eye on the others for sale?

Only ever spoke with Dom as their HQ is opposite AutoFinesse but he seemed down to earth and a genuine nice guy

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nah mate you're above dod waxes, no offence. They are aimed at a certain market which is great as they are superb waxes but they never feel expensive so it's all about what you want from a wax.

Amigo is one of the best products i've used in years. CraigQQ who now works details Gtechniq helped me with my car a few times and vice versa, the first we used Amigo we were utterly shocked. Will never be without it in my detailing box for the future even though the car is wearing C1.

Oh Gwash is a very good shampoo mate, very gentle one waxes/sealants ect.. like BTBM. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Wasn't a fan of BTBM, didn't feel slick enough for my liking and found I used quite a bit, maybe it's down to being in a hard water area.

Now got an ocean blue 08 Focus so hoping to get a bit more out of EZ creme compared to the liquid yellow. If not I'll look out for amigo.

Was on about your glasur being up for sale now you're using C1? I've tried orange crush and SNH and not been overly impressed. tried SNH again recently on the Focus over rejuvenate and it still doesn't do it for me. Enjoyed AF Spirit but Desire is very nice indeed.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not a fan of SNH, not sure why just didnt feel that good.

EZ will look great mate, you can see pics of it under Celeste in on of my threads. Great glaze will nice solid fillers, acrylic base so lasts very well.

My last pot of Glasur I sold ages ago mate. I was sliming down the collection then regretted it straight away. I have some shield just now and i've werkstat jett for topping up C1 until summer then i'll probably re-wax... :eek: Maybe!

Maybe just C1 it again next winter! Baller!

I need to give my car a proper good going over when the weather is good.

I might look into buying a glaze as I don't have one, is that red moose stuff any good? I can remember someone mentioning it a while back.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I got mine a few weeks ago. Good fun makeing but I see it no different to the other coloured dodo waxes tbh. I have only tried it on a little area that was already polished & sealed, It applied nice but didn't seem anything special. SN is my chosen DJ wax!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I need to give my car a proper good going over when the weather is good.

I might look into buying a glaze as I don't have one, is that red moose stuff any good? I can remember someone mentioning it a while back.
Very good mate. have some "Pink moose" Glaze actually! Mixture of red and the other one. Supposed to be very good combo.

When the time comes nearer I will look into the glazes abit more I can remember you recommending the Amigo to me so keep that one in mind.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
EZ creme, Red moose or amigo. Even on Red i'd still choose Amigo.

Have you tried vics red yet? Not the best wax ever made but the best summer wax for red especially over amigo.

EZ creme, Red moose or amigo. Even on Red i'd still choose Amigo.

Have you tried vics red yet? Not the best wax ever made but the best summer wax for red especially over amigo.

I have mate yes. I put 2 layers on about 6 months ago now. I think it's a really nice wax to apply I like it. Looks lovely ontop of my red, not the best sheeting but it's certainly looked good.

About 6weeks after that I gave it a quick top up with the werkstat Jett. In the summer I will proberly get back into it all again.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I tried the vics concourse and collectors, I found after 3 weeks road grime and and tar etc was not washing off so I stripped it. May give it another go come summer.

Kev, does amigo shorten the life much of LSP at all, I found EZ creme did a little.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say that if it does it will be minimal.

It's well know now that Amigo is the best glaze for topping it's very synthetic so suits sealants ect...

Comes alive by machine but as ever glazes have fillers and they might wash out. Then the durability is affected but if the wax is strong anyway you shouldn't notice. :) Also good to keep waxes topped up as you know.

I'm a massive carnauba spray fan these days as you know the oils can leave wax quickly so it doesn't look as good but it's still protecting. That's where the spray comes in.

Before CSS we 99% corrected my car. Full front end wet sand, amigo and topped with Glasur then Shield. It's easily the best it's ever looked amigo helped.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
unfortunately I don't have the facilities to do correction indoors, or suitable lighting to fully inspect panels outside so a glaze is ideal, but when you get a certain amount of filling from a pre wax cleanser without the loss of durability so I'm undecided. planning on trying out different combos on all panels when it warms up a little

AF mentioned they may be releasing a glaze so may work well with there waxes that I like using

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting mate. I'm sure it'll be good. Glazes are superb. The fact even Marc from Heavenly has been using Amigo recently says a lot. He always used to top bare paintwork.

This thread was all about highlighting how you don't need to correct the car to get the best from it. We're not pros...
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?577020-Mini-Detail!-FRP-Celeste-Dettaglio-content***

I personally Polish (if correcting) > Cleanse > Glaze > LSP. Everyone is different. I always cleanse then glaze so that the surface is super clean