ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making An active sub removable

Mazda Mx5 1.8 Mk2
Hey,

Wondering if some of the audio guys could help me?

Looking at getting an active sub and running it of the rca leads from the back of my headunit.

Only problem is i would like to be able to remove the sub when im not using it or need to put something large in the boot, is there a simple way of doing this because im going to be left with a live 12v wire in the boot?

Thanks

Chris

Mazda Mx5 1.8 Mk2
Hey,

I'd rather get an 10" or something that kind of size for the boot, was thinking about getting something like an underseat one, but if i get a cheapish active one for the boot now, when it comes to doing a proper install it will make things a bit easier because the wires will already be there!

Thanks though!

Chris

CLIO PH1 172
iirc vibe do a plug with the earth and live wired to it, so you end up with a plug and not a live 12v bare wire! i will have a quick search for you 1 sec

330Ci (Fail)Sport
What about taking the fuse out of the power cable? Or will that not be sufficient?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Doesn't have fittings for the larger power wires, but I like the thinking!

Thats an example, ive found loads of different types for £notalot. The vibe thing is a overpriced bit of plastic.

Mazda Mx5 1.8 Mk2
Hey

Well any other methods creating the same effect are much apreicated because i would have to agree, £13 does seem a bit extreme for what it is!

Thanks Chris