ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mallory Park, another spin!

172 Race Car
After Monday's fun at Bedford, (Thread here)
I hadnt had much time to try and sort out the problems the car has. To much rear brake bias. Fitting another set of front pads has helped a little and today i was on track at Mallory Park for the Practical Performance Car show.

My First time at Mallory, Nice little place but it was really badly organised. No one even checked if we knew how to drive/had a license before they let us loose on circuit. Guess im getting used to trackdays now and find fault with the car show type track events. Dan (Shadowness) had his first passenger ride on track today. He was a little nervous at first but I think he enjoyd it.

Anyway we had quite a veriety of cars in our session. Some lads from our club (Built4track.co.uk) had a go, 172's, 106GTI, 305GTI, AXGT and an MR2. As well as Joe Public in their random vehicles.

Im not sure if I like the circuit, some corners were enjoyable but the first bend, Gerrads, is a hard one to like. It goes on forever. Its so long I was getting fuel starvation by the exit.

I dropped it once on the way into turn one, another rear brake lock up.

Heres the vid..............

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yEa-rwZ1O-M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yEa-rwZ1O-M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

BMW M5 & E36
Good video again.

I've passengerd a fair few times at Mallory but not driven it myself. Not the biggest fan of it either though. Rich h on here put his 172 into the barrier on the exit of Gerards, nasty corner. Brakes are a must into the hairpin too, how did they do?

172 Race Car
F*ck me your worse than simon norris!! lol
I'll let you try it before I sort it out and then see wat comments you make, Oh I forgot you are a Driving God :rolleyes:

1.50 in on the grass?
Yea, Just a little. That was the first time I had fuel starvation, If you listen closely you can hear the engine note change on that exit everytime after. Caught me by surprise and looked down for a spit second.

that blue thing at 3.20 is always at combe, proper rapid if its the one im thinkin of
Proper apid that thing, saw it behind and jumped out of its way. Its a Hillman Imp of some sort

Good video again.

I've passengerd a fair few times at Mallory but not driven it myself. Not the biggest fan of it either though. Rich h on here put his 172 into the barrier on the exit of Gerards, nasty corner. Brakes are a must into the hairpin too, how did they do?
Front brakes were fine, changed them yesterday. Couldnt lean on them much at all tho coz the backs lock up far to easily

lol, awesome vid!

The spin doesnt seem as dramatic as I remembered it lol! Well held though ;)

Now I'll have to show you how it's done at Bedford! :rasp:

Swift Sport
Good vid, :)

Never driven Mallory, does look an awkward track in places to be fair! Can't wait to get out on the track again, but I think it's going to be a while as Bedford cost me a small fortune lol.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
good vid...

need to make it to an event with you chap...

was also going to comment on the IMP, its got a filter cone sticking out the rear side window...the guy can drive too

Black Gold Trophy
arent you always supposed to pass on the left on trackdays? I'm not picking fault, it's just that's what I was lead to believe?

The rear end lockup was familiar, used to get that far too often in my corsa as it was stripped out in the back and therefore a bit too light for the standard bias.

106 GTI
arent you always supposed to pass on the left on trackdays? I'm not picking fault, it's just that's what I was lead to believe?

The rear end lockup was familiar, used to get that far too often in my corsa as it was stripped out in the back and therefore a bit too light for the standard bias.

Seen this happen a few times to lowered corsas including mine

Burp when do you think youl be at bedford next?

You are normally, but the drivers were briefed to pass on the right. But as per usual at car shows, no one paid any attention and it was a free for all!

172 Race Car
Yea as Dan says at Mallory its a pass on the right rule, makes sense as the slower car doesnt have to pull off the line, just slow down a little. Normally at a track day if you havent been breifed then you dont go out on track. Here it was voluntry by the seam of it. At no stage did we have to produce our driving licences or prove we'd been briefed.
Burp when do you think youl be at bedford next?
Will be there for the Renaultsport evening 19th June. Wont be in my car tho, I'll be canning the ass off Shadowness' 182.......... Uh, I mean treating it with respect and giving him some tips

Will prob take mine at the next Rsport evening in July

arent you always supposed to pass on the left on trackdays?

Nope. I think the general rule of thumb is that if you're driving around the track clockwise, then you overtake on the right (like you would on normal UK roads) and if you're driving around the track anti-clockwise, then you overtake on the left.

Burp... Was it you who had Sez in the car?

172 Race Car
Imps are rear engined. The engine is all aluminium and normaly 900-1000cc. They can be tuned very easily to produce good power. I dont know much about them, im not THAT old.

172 Race Car
yea arrived on thursday. A good improvement but will get something else when the funds are better, these are fine for now tho.