ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold pressure 366 mbar

Megane R26
My 182 has a manifold pressure reading of around 366 mbar when hot.

Was asked to check this in relation to timing being out.

What does that reading indicate?
Car start, idles and runs perfect without misfiring or heating issues. Just dips in power past 5k a feels generally slow.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
It means you have around 9psi of vacuum with the throttle closed and will go to around 1000 mbar with the throttle open, if the cam timing is out you will see a higher figure

Megane R26
It means you have around 9psi of vacuum with the throttle closed and will go to around 1000 mbar with the throttle open, if the cam timing is out you will see a higher figure

So this is pretty normal reading for a warm engine?

2003 Clio 172
Mine's a standard engine with very lumpy tick over - see thread below - and I appear to be reading around 500mB or so on idle. I'm resigning myself to the possibility that the timing may be off. Can you let me know what a reasonable figure for a road engine on idle should be ? Thanks.

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/lumpy-idle-tick-over-on-182.806676/#post-11372088

Very interested in seeing how you get on Davy........mine is idling IDENTICALLY to yours.
I think mine is belt related (changed last year) but I am unable to fix this myself unlike you. Would be keen to see if your work remedies the idle as I was about to start buying injectors etc.
Keep us posted
J