ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Marc Smit south african tuner BEWARE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
He has my car now and a large amount of cash to do the works, if you pm me I will show you proof but I'm not willing to post the details here as it may become worth even less when I come to sell it, if I ever get it back.

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
He jumped on a wagon
He jumped on a wagon

Are you friends with marc is that why your trying to defend a low life who steals peoples pride and joy and wont return it, I can assure you it's not funny and has caused massive issues financially and emotionally, this bloke needs to be stopped and so far you guys are on his side! No wonder he gets away with it!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Are you friends with marc is that why your trying to defend a low life who steals peoples pride and joy and wont return it, I can assure you it's not funny and has caused massive issues financially and emotionally, this bloke needs to be stopped and so far you guys are on his side! No wonder he gets away with it!
No, I'm just very sarcastic

Hopefully you get yours back

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
He has my car now and a large amount of cash to do the works, if you pm me I will show you proof but I'm not willing to post the details here as it may become worth even less when I come to sell it, if I ever get it back.

So you can not find out where this man is?

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
No I have a rough Idea of the area but that's it he keeps moving and now he wont disclose where he lives, but this post was more for awareness of him not to tell my story.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Can I get in trouble for that s

Yes I have mentioned it on other forums before, it really annoyed him on the scoobynet so now I'm posting on every forum.

I'm still a victim hence the post.

I'm a little surprised by the comments in favour of him saying I'm causing trouble, I'm very embarrassed by this whole thing and wanted to keep my info out of the lime light.

So again please share the link to other forums to make awareness of him so he cant strike again

Probably the main reason why he's carried on for so long, doing what he's doing.

It's the fear of feeling silly and embarrassed in front of friends and family and even total strangers on internet forums, that you've fallen foul of a scam.

So, how long has he had it for ? Given that the stuff on the Impreza site goes back five years you must have known what was going on ?
Has he had your car for five years ??

As for not telling your story - you should probably tell us, or give us a link where you've told it elsewhere.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I feel you’re whole post isn’t actually showing any evidence or giving details?

Coming on a forum and bad mouthing someone with no information will likely end badly.

Maybe start again, get the grammar right and show/tell what’s going on.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately this guys story isn't particularly unique, there's loads of dodgy people in the tuning world, imports/exports is even worse.

They get away with it because so few people actually share proper information, or it's just hard to find.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah do a search on here for Clioturbo and read some of those horror stories.
Isn't there a forum rule about bad mouthing people without backing it up?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Unfortunately this guys story isn't particularly unique, there's loads of dodgy people in the tuning world, imports/exports is even worse.

They get away with it because so few people actually share proper information, or it's just hard to find.

I know this isn't directed at me but I can offer an explanation.

Its difficult to share proper information on public forums / social media and to spread the word of incompetence. I recently went through something similar with a company. They remapped a vehicle of mine, damaged it and actually made it lose power. I spoke to a solicitor about what I can and cannot say on various platforms on the internet and basically, I cant say anything bad without leaving myself wide open to a claim for libel of character and / or defamation of character.

It's a minefield

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
I feel you’re whole post isn’t actually showing any evidence or giving details?

Coming on a forum and bad mouthing someone with no information will likely end badly.

Maybe start again, get the grammar right and show/tell what’s going on.

Exactly how do I prove to you that he had my car? Apart from it not being on my drive in the last 5 years and that I have no idea where in the country it is, but yes I can see that someone is innocent until proven guilty, thought the post from skoobynet plus me telling you he has my car as well as two others is proof enough, I have a friend on here which can confirm my story too would that help? But maybe I will write a brief story but that's not why I posted on here, it was to highlight this fraudster.

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172

Its difficult to share proper information on public forums / social media and to spread the word of incompetence. I recently went through something similar with a company. They remapped a vehicle of mine, damaged it and actually made it lose power. I spoke to a solicitor about what I can and cannot say on various platforms on the internet and basically, I cant say anything bad without leaving myself wide open to a claim for libel of character and / or defamation of character.

It's a minefield

Exactly, so what can I do to prove this without letting him get away with it in court should it get that far? A case has been started by the way it's a civil matter!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

It's a minefield

This exactly, and even when information is shared it's not like many people will get to see it or even remember it.

Scammers were/are doing the rounds on forums and Gumtree, I know they're doing it but I can't remember one single name, even people who were prolific.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Five years?!

Alarm bells would've been ringing after 6 months max!

Struggling for sympathy here if I'm honest.
Sorry not sorry

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Five years?!

Sorry not sorry

Really you thought oh it's been 5 years might try and get my car back now? Read my posts it's been 5 years since he took it I have been trying to get it back for over 4 years! come on this guy takes your car hides it away says needs x amount to fix or upgrade then when months go by you ask when will it be done, he says soon so you wait and text and text and ring and ring of which no reply or answer of the phone untill it suits him.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye but surely you could pay x amount and ask for car back or get it trailored etc

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Five years?!

Sorry not sorry

It is comments like this where people wont post things out of embarrassment and fear of not being believed.

More than happy to meet, text pm anything to help a person who may or might have been affected by him.

Why would I make this up?

So far I'm regretting it only 2 people have seen me as a victim the rest seem to think I'm spreading gossip.

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Ye but surely you could pay x amount and ask for car back or get it trailored etc

I have so many times!

It's in a secure site where I'm not allowed to view it.

He wont let me take it back even in bits he says he wants to finish it but f**k me it's been 5 years I cant wait. He wont answer the questions directly either it's like a riddle, I truly believe he gets a kick out of this as he knows the police cant do anything.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
All sounds a bit weird to me.

I'm not disputing you are making it up at all. Don't for a second think I'm suggesting that. I'm just saying that if it was me in your shoes I'd probably have had my car back a long time ago, regardless of its state. We are all different though.

Maybe some of the CS detectives can help you out with finding this fortress of compounded cars you speak of

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Did you give him your v5? I dare say the car is probably already in someone else’s name and long gone. The whole thing sounds so strange to me. I feel sorry for you, I doubt you’ll get your car back though. Get a lawyer involved

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172

I'm not disputing you are making it up at all. Don't for a second think I'm suggesting that. I'm just saying that if it was me in your shoes I'd probably have had my car back a long time ago, regardless of its state. We are all different though.

Maybe some of the CS detectives can help you out with finding this fortress of compounded cars you speak of

No it's still in my name I checked with DVLA last week, but what i did learn is if someone request a log book they send a letter to the previous owner, if no reply within a couple months the car is handed over to the new owner which is a little scary should it go missing in the posts or somthing.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

Exactly how would you get it back if it's locked in a compound a and the guy won't let you in? Break in and steal it?
It's easy to ridicule people who have fallen victim to a scammer and believe you'd do things differently or never fail for that sort of thing but these people know what they are doing and they know the law better than average Joe does obviously. As I said before Clioturbo did it to people in our community and got away with it, there was a guy posted about similar happening with mx5's, these are not rare occurances. The law sucks in this sort of thing, you can't easily get squatters out of a building and handing over your property to someone to carry out work on is aparrently equally as difficult to rectify if the scum decides he's not going to give it back.
I hope he gets crushed under a car that's not his one day. Good luck in court @Paulstewart20

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
No it's still in my name I checked with DVLA last week, but what i did learn is if someone request a log book they send a letter to the previous owner, if no reply within a couple months the car is handed over to the new owner which is a little scary should it go missing in the posts or somthing.
Why can't you just report it as stolen?

Surely that would be the best thing to do since its been 5 years.

If you know its in some compound etc, tell the police you know where your stolen vehicle is and they will go and investigate?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Why can't you just report it as stolen?

Surely that would be the best thing to do since its been 5 years.

If you know its in some compound etc, tell the police you know where your stolen vehicle is and they will go and investigate?
I don’t think it’s as simple as that but it’s an option

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
What reporting it as stolen?

Isn't that the definition of stolen? Someones has your property, you want it back, they won't give it back?
I’m sure if you explain the circumstances to the police they may just say it’s civil

Status
Not open for further replies.