ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mark fish mounts arrived! :)

Just to say aswell, mark is a top bloke :) Very very helpful :)

Awesome piece of kit, really well made!

The mounts-

008-2.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

Hopefully fit them before FCS

Renaultsport 220T
Yes they are available for standard cup pack suspension. As well as engineered for every type of coil over on the market.

Wait til you have them installed Ben, they will transform the car totally.

Front end will be a lot sharper, and more direct.

172 cup
cant see how there much different to the comp brake ones other then drilling so harder to fit and more then double the price

172 cup
fair enough then. Do you mean they have movement when they have no weight?

If with weight im baffled please expplain?

172 cup
yer it does make sense but surely if that clamp is done up tight enough then there will be no movement? Not trying to be a pain in the arse just a mod im considering soon . . .

yer it does make sense but surely if that clamp is done up tight enough then there will be no movement? Not trying to be a pain in the arse just a mod im considering soon . . .

Ive done is as tight as possible, with C clamps etc, and they dont go tight enough really. Like i said, for the money they are awesome :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol they must cost about £50 to make!

They look neat though, didn't fancy the adjustable AST mounts?

182cup & 172 racecar
You dont want to hear this but there is a set for sale at £275 on here at the mo.They do look good though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I have fitted the Compbrake mounts and as said, they're awesome for the money. Loctite will only stop the lock ring from loosening. I didn't bother with it, I checked it after every drive and re-tightened if needed till after about a week they stayed tight. Put a bit of paint over a bit of thread and the lockring and you'll see if it starts to loosen.

When you tighten the lock ring all it does is compress the 2 rubber washers against the turret to get a grip of it, Giving it room for movement. Whereas the Mark Fish mounts are bolted directly to the turret so no chance of movement.

b/g 182, meg tourer
totally agree about compbrake mounts ben. i had them for a month and hated them, no matter how tight i did them up they always rattled and banged! made the standard topmounts feel good! might be investing in some k-tec solid mounts at a later date, they are a simelar design to the mark fish ones but cheaper. £360 is big bucks. hope they are good mate, they should be.

Tav

Clio 197
£360 is ridiculous, if I wanted top mounts that bolted and AST/KTEC did them then I'd be going for those.