ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mark's 172 phase 1

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Hi guy's just thought i'd start a thread on my phase 1.
20150422_085019.jpg

20150422_085031.jpg

Any opinions are appreciated, not sure what to do with it the moment, might change the wheels to f1's and de-sticker it! Even though it's been to nurburgring. Then generally go around it and make things right.

It currently has an idle problem, when ever you pull up it cuts out. I'm going to change the inlet gasket and throttlebody gasket as apparently it started when the coilpack plugs and leads where changed over.

Also if anyone knows the car and has any info on it that would be great thanks.

RB Clio 182
Id de sticker it, remove the sun visor and get some standard alloys, i would also remove the wind deflectors as i dont think they suit the mk2 :smile:

Im sure you will have no problems selling or swapping the turbines with someone on here, there a few that like the turbines, id also get some front and rear spacers to fill the arches a bit.

Then just give it a general tidy up, polish the front and rear lights and the paintwork as that looks a little faded.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
I just have a thing for the f1's.
I've just bought a set for the wife's phase 1.

The spec as i know it is
Enlarged throttlebody
Inlets done by angelworks
Hid's
Fk coilovers
Front camber bolts and shims on rear
The turbines on prada spec 2's
Strut braces front and rear
Sports cat i was also given a decat
Powerflow stealth stainless exhaust
It seems to have an exhaust manifold which is tig welded together so i don't know if it's aftermarket.
ktec grooved discs
cda carbon air filter canister.
i also found a powerflex black series sticker in the glovebox so i don't know if it has these fitted, maybe the dogbone but it doesn't feel as harsh as the wifes when we fitted hers.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Think i'm definetely going to for the f1's!
i need an alloy bonnet, and Eventually get some recaro's.
Track days and maybe a few sprints and hillclimbs is what i fancy doing!
I know the cup spoiler looks better but are they worth it?

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
That's ok, i don't mind it looking like a bit of a sleeper, especially when i de badge and sticker it.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Did you find out what the problem with cutting out was? My phase 1 has the same problem and I need to fix it tomorrow
Today i replaced the upper inlet gaskets and seal also the throttle body gasket whilst i was there and it'll sit there idling now, did take it for a short run and it still cut out on me once but i'm not sure if that's down to it having a filter directly off the idle control valve? Where it doesn't have a std airbox.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Small update, i de stickered it, wanted to remove the badges too but they're pinned!

20150427_130133.jpg

20150427_130203.jpg

not sure whether to remove the sunstrip at the moment.

Whereabouts is that? Purdeys or stock road?

I would keep the sunstrip and lose your sunvisors for weight lossage.

Get a cup spoiler

Spray your bump strips body coloured

and then get a standard airbox and come play Clio with me lol

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
It's stock road,
I'm keeping the mouldings std,
I'm gonna keep the cda carbon airbox, just need to figure out why it cuts out when i come to a junction.
Still undecided about the cup spolier!

Unlike many other cars like saxo's I heard cda will just cost you power on a clio.

Cup spoiler is a must. I gotta repaint mine as I went a bit mental with the machine polisher :D

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Finally got it to idle!!
I replaced the idle control valve with a new one!
Just got to get the airbag light out now.
The resistor is all soldered in but when we went to go into with the diagnostics it won't let it into the airbag or engine system but you can go into abs etc. Last week it went in fine! Weird.
i'll look into the cda!
Also mot today.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
The car passed the mot ok, no problems. I also spoke to the previous owner before the person i bought it from and he was gutted as he was supposed to have first refusal if he ever sold it.
He did send me some picks of it at nurburgring though, thanks andy.
IMG-20150429-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20150429-WA0002.jpg

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Still debating on the wheels!
I might nick the f1's i bought for the wife and sell the turbines.
Just don't tell her!!!
She likes the cades eros's she has anyway!

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
I took this pic before we went to the southend meet on saturday evening.
his n' hers.
20150502_172948.jpg

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Do you not like phase 2's or something? Did you get my text btw.
Yes got you're text. Just was out at thd time and forgot to reply. Let me know when you're back and i'll get the bits sorted. Anything else you need? the shell will be going today/tomorrow.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Needs some spacers on there :wink:

How much was your ICV and where did you get it from?

I ended up getting it from euro car parts. It was about £50.
I have seen them on ebay for £35 new. But I couldn't wait.
Did you try a throttle body yet?
I do have a spare if you were in the southend area over the weekend to try.

Sorry i forgot about you're accident are you still using you're ph1?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It can wait. Although it's embarrassing and annoying I've kinda got used to it! I'll swap it with friends one today and give it a quick drive to see. Fantom Steve has one that hes going to send me. I took he's throttle body andgave it a good clean up with no luck. Would rather try cheap before I spunk money on new stuff on a whim that "it could be" if you know what I mean.

Still using the car, yes. Got an ally bonnet off Scott, bumper off Daniel on here and a few bits from Steve :)

What spacers have you got coming?

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
I Bought a load of bits from steve, his alloy bonnet and Rh wing, vibratechnics engine mounts and solid dogbone mount, aircon delete, flocked Dashtop, tow strap etc.
The bonnet had a small corrosion bubble in the front left corner so i welded it up and had it blown in. ☺

I've got some 25mm eibach spacers and some centre caps coming from Nick172cup.

I've also just got some centre caps for the turbine's.

Nearly bought a itb set up for mine but not sure at the moment.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
It was only cheap because i could weld it up myself still had to have it blown in. I've seen them go for £40 on ebay. One ended the other day for £40 without selling.
He didn't know it was an alloy bonnet either everyone had told him it wasn't because it was rusting.
I hope Scott didn't charge you too much for his.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I know he said he didnt know what to charge. Tbf I think he just wants it all gone.

I paid £60 for Scotts. No rust or anything, just needs flatting and repainting.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know you don't. I've known Scott for a few years now and I know what he's like so I knew I'd be getting a decent bonnet.

He was the one that made me get a ph1.