ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MaX5 (Mazda MX-5) Race Vids - Malloy Park

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Hello all,

Here's a couple of vids from this weekend... If you haven't got much time, the 2nd half of race 2 is the best stuff I think. I'll work out a 'highlights' list later...

Race 1: Cut short cos of a little dink...

Race 2: If there's not a lot happening out front, look at the rear view mirror instead!

Cheers,
Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Alright Ads,

Good vids as usual mate, thanks for sharing.

I've noticed you've got a new yellow toy aswel ;)

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Cheers man. Was pretty hard work!

Ah, yes, I have. Passenger ride welcome next time I see you :)

Cup In bits
Good videos, outside line at the hairpin is for winners, 2 for 1 in race 1 and then a couple of overtakes there in race two.

Mx5' look loads of fun, they recently had an away round at Knockhill supporting the Scottish classics & saloons.

If you don't mind me asking what's it costing to build a mk1 car and your entry fees for a weekend? Is it your series that's televised on motors tv?

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Yeah, definitely seems the outside is the best way - and keeps you out of trouble :eek:

It really is great fun, and since the cars are pretty strictly regulated you can't just go and spend a load of cash to make your car faster - which means close racing.

You can build a car for about £4k if you have the skills and the time. I put together a blog here which may be of use too :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?637766-Max5-Racing-Blog-(Mazda-MX-5). Needs an update now actually...

I'm in the MaX5 series which is smaller and a bit less competitive, it's the Ma5da that has TV coverage and bigger grids (I think the last race was split into 4 since there were nearly 90 cars. It gets pretty competitive though from what I can tell - not ideal for my first racing experience!).

Happy to answer any more questions :race:

Cheers!
Adam

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Cheers man. Was pretty hard work!

Ah, yes, I have. Passenger ride welcome next time I see you :)

Ha but fun i reckon!

Sound mate Ta, i'll be around somewhere i'm sure.

Annoyed i can't make Croft this month with nutz lot, at a good friend's wedding.