ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meet my vee!!!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Meet my vee!...............
Tdi that is!

03 reg passat v6 tdi. Its my second bus for commuting. Has upgraded alloys (17s) and full leather inside. FVWSH.

Nice cruiser and punchy as anything.

Once im up and running ill get eibachs and a remap sorted.

Burgandy 174 sport t
nice wee private plate for it too would look good, eibachs are only 150 odd notes too

Last edited:
  Leon Cupra R 225
^ agreed. gona be real punchy with a remap. what gains or end result you expecting? what are they standard?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
standard 163bhp, 370Nm torque. Remapped 190/195bhp, 480Nm torque and better mpg

Only binned it a few times and it picked up well, even though it was 3 up at the time!

Private reggy would be smart, will prob think about that as well after a few months.

think motorsportworld do eibachs

is dirty.
You can buy my private plate if you want..M44 RVV..haha it came on a clio I bought and has nothing to do with my name. Looks good though so might keep it on or if the moneys right may as well sell it.

can i ask a stupid question.. whats the point in buying a commuting car second to the clio, when really the clio isnt too bad to run, and surely running/taxing insuring two cars is going to be more expensive?

or am i off the mark?

Turbos.
can i ask a stupid question.. whats the point in buying a commuting car second to the clio, when really the clio isnt too bad to run, and surely running/taxing insuring two cars is going to be more expensive?

or am i off the mark?

Was going to ask the same thing.

Sell the Clio and get a Westfield.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

or am i off the mark?

want to keep the mileage down on the clio justin. I agree the 172 is fine to run, mine does 360-380 to a tank and im more than happy with it. Also id quite like to get TBs for the clio next year once im 25 and strip it out too. (of course that'll prob all change!)

I get a rather nice car allowance with my new job and even with the car iv went for it, it doesnt even look at the amount iv been allocated for the 'car'. Didnt see the point in making the clio a 22 - 28k (depends on sites) a year car when it would end up being worth sod all in about 3 years time with 120/130k on the clock! Least this way the diesel bus can take the miles and i keep the 172 as mint as possible and my weekend toy/ track machine.

I wasnt interested in a shitbox second car as i like the toys in the clio, but didnt want a 182 and batter the miles on that, too similar to the current car (obv) so wanted a crusier and something i wouldnt mind about sticking miles onto in abudance.

the tax and insurance isnt that bad as iv 5 years NCD and get a discount on the 2nd car. Plus ill pay both in a oney.

;)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
oh aye no compliants here anyway.

even iain was impressed with it!! now thats saying something.

might bring it to the meet on 8th feb, so andy doesnt feel like the only tit with a silly german bardge!

tiTTy & SV650
i'll bring 6 hookers (2 on my roofrack), someone else can kill em and we'll shove 3 in ur boot and 3 in Andys

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Went for the V6 vag in the end then. Not as bad as everyone makes out are they!

Nice car. :)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
i'll bring 6 hookers (2 on my roofrack), someone else can kill em and we'll shove 3 in ur boot and 3 in Andys

Ha ha :lolup:

Speaking of roofracks, ill need to get the footpack and kit for the passat now as well!
I always found it hard to get the plates out the base unit they don’t seem to release easily!!

Im sure Andy will have 3 in the boot and 3 in the back, you know what he’s like

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Went for the V6 vag in the end then. Not as bad as everyone makes out are they!

Nice car. :)

Think they get a ‘bad’ name due to the age of the engine unit. At the end of the day it’s a VAG sourced unit so it wont be crap. Actually a bit cheaper to service due to its technology.
The age of the unit doesn’t bother me as this was smooth as on acceleration. In comparison to the megane 130 id say it was a lot more smooth and a load more torque.
In gear it will definitely give several big power petrol cars a run for there money.
I like its classy/ stealth appearance. Remove the V6 badge and it looks like a 110 tdi with bigger alloys and the chrome strips! :rasp:

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Make it 9 hookers rory, I reckon I could fit 3 in my latest bus ;) The scots are going supersize!

yeah, just seen the post in other marques!!

Nice one john. that 20v bus with yoru TLC should be quite something once sorted

:D

:approve:

three big buses can be the nurburgring 'tour' wagons for everyones gear on the trip :D

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Jesus christ....£9000 just to put the miles on it.
You must be mad my friend.You could of bought a focus tdci for half that and sold the 172 and bought a top spec evo7/8 for the weekends.

ian

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
You must be mad my friend.You could of bought a focus tdci for half that and sold the 172 and bought a top spec evo7/8 for the weekends.

ian

it wasnt £9000 though.... :rolleyes:

Comfort and equipment was top of my list. Focus’s are fine, but believe it or not I would lose a fortune on them. And I wanted something with decent performance, economy as long as its around 35-40 is fine by me.
Passat for me is more comfy than a focus/ astra all day long.

VW’s with high mileage (120k + ) in top form hold value quite well, as said mine has the leather so only has one thing missing off the options list (sat nav/ tv). I wont loose too much overall and having been out in it, I liked the VW refinement and reassuring build quality, which is evident in the fact that the inside is 100% mint and has worn age better than my clio.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Oh and as much as I love evo’s why would I want to change two cars? Clio is fine! Perhaps throttle bodies when im 25 and some coilover action.
Getting a focus and an evo would depreciate like hell, not to mention rattle up massive insurance bills/ running costs. This partnership of passat and clio is more economically viable in the long term.

Trust me, Iv spent 4 months researching it

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

ian

Comfort and equipment was top of my list. Focus’s are fine, but believe it or not I would lose a fortune on them. And I wanted something with decent performance, economy as long as its around 35-40 is fine by me.

VW’s with high mileage (120k + ) in top form hold value quite well, as said mine has the leather so only has one thing missing off the options list (sat nav/ tv). I wont loose too much overall and having been out in it, I liked the VW refinement and reassuring build quality, which is evident in the fact that the inside is 100% mint and has worn age better than my clio.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...nq&ukcarsearch_full.x=51&ukcarsearch_full.y=9

This must be an ad that you stole the pic from then.(4th pic down)
Anyways.A passat thats worth 9k will loose a lot more than a 5k focus over 3 years imho
Nice car all the same though

ian

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...nq&ukcarsearch_full.x=51&ukcarsearch_full.y=9

This must be an ad that you stole the pic from then.(4th pic down)
Anyways.A passat thats worth 9k will loose a lot more than a 5k focus over 3 years imho
Nice car all the same though

ian

thats the one i bought skip, but stil didnt pay £9k for it. :D

5k focus - ha im sorry but id sooner cut my knob off with a rusty breadknife than put up with a 1.8 Tdi focus 90 bhp.

Comparing 9k focus v 9k passat and i feel the advantage of better technology in the passat and the toys (which was important to me as theres alot in the 172, and the amount of miles i'll do).

At the end of the day everyones different, but i wouldnt be interested in doing loads of miles in a car i didnt want to drive just cause it was cheap.

as iv said earlier i am getting a fairly sizeable car allowance for this bus, for which the amount i have to pay is extremely minimal. The diesels paid for, as are services. So why not get the bigger, better, more comfy and better equipped car? Considering originally i was going to get a 20k bmw 530d this isnt a bad shout imo.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
5k focus - ha im sorry but id sooner cut my knob off with a rusty breadknife than put up with a 1.8 Tdi focus 90 bhp.

The tdci focus has 115bhp ,i thought you would of noticed this after 4 months research...lol
The passat looks good and if your getting a wedge from your company then its the obvious choice

ian