ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meguiars Scratch-X

Mk4 .:R32
I bought some at the weekend to try and help with the swirls on my bonnet. Didn't really work. Can someone whos good with detailing tell me how your mean't to do it?? I worked square foot sections at a time, left it to dry for about 5-10 mins (while I worked on another section) then wiped it off. I bought some autoglym super resin polish as well, its quality that stuff, used about half a bottle though (went a bit mental). Made my flamer look beautiful in the sun :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Use a folded terry towel , put a pea size blob on the towel and work the polish until there is nothing left . It breaks down to a finer polish as you work it and needs a fair bit of elbow grease but used properly it's very good on light scratchs .

Mito Sportiva 135
I bought some at the weekend to try and help with the swirls on my bonnet. Didn't really work. Can someone whos good with detailing tell me how your mean't to do it?? I worked square foot sections at a time, left it to dry for about 5-10 mins (while I worked on another section) then wiped it off. I bought some autoglym super resin polish as well, its quality that stuff, used about half a bottle though (went a bit mental). Made my flamer look beautiful in the sun :)

How mutch Scratch X were you using mate? Not sure what size bottle of EGP you were using but even the smallest should last about 8 whole cars... you shouldn't need to use that much - but good your pleased with the results anyway.

For the Scratch X, just make sure you work it down until it almost disappears. It was quite hot yesterday so the heat might have effected it - it is a "sun of a b**ch"... (ok, that doesn't even make sense... need more coffee Tom...)

Mk4 .:R32
Cheers chaps!!

I parked infront of my garage to block the sun, so I did it in the shade!! But I will have another go after work!!

Yeah I went OTT with the polish!! Haha

106 GTi
Scratch X in most cases needs a few applications and to be worked in small areas. The bonnet would need to be sivided into at least 8 smaller areas. As the others have said you must work it till it has nothing left to remove.

With the SRP a 20 pence sized blob should easily do a door or quarter of a bonnet. Anything you have to remove is wasted product.