ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Members from Cornwall

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I have recently settled down with my job in helston and finally got my internet all up and running so im looking to see who else is around me?

If you could drop your names below and where your from in this area it would be great :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Re: So whos from Exeter and below in the south west area then?

There is an exeter meet 2nd friday every month by the way :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

There is an exeter meet 2nd friday every month by the way :)

yep spotted that one and i have got it planned in to be there :) my car is being a bit temperamental at the moment but its going in for a refresh very soon so hopefully it will be good to travel there in :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

New area rep?

ye my job has made me shift ends of the country and they said there was a south west position available if i wanted to give it a go, so i snapped the chance up straight away :)

PB Clio 172
amazing how CS works out who gets the area rep job. Someone in Cornwall miles away from Plymouth and Exeter- 2 massive city's in the Southwest :boring:

no offence new rep btw

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Would it be so bad to have a meet in Cornwall every now and then? Well, assuming people bother to go.

Anyway Chip's still running the Barn Owl meets so it's not like we're going to lose anything.

EDIT: just noticed title change. It's a bit quiet west of the Bridge Over the River Kwai.

PB Clio 172
yeah I know it sounds neg just seems silly that its from that area. Plymouth is bang on in the middle of big areas thats all.... I know who area rep should be but who am I to say.... :p

Don't you have to arrange meets to become an area rep ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
yeah I know it sounds neg just seems silly that its from that area. Plymouth is bang on in the middle of big areas thats all.... I know who area rep should be but who am I to say.... :p

Don't you have to arrange meets to become an area rep ?

The SW reps never seem to do much, so we just arrange our own meets instead, lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Would it be so bad to have a meet in Cornwall every now and then? Well, assuming people bother to go.

Anyway Chip's still running the Barn Owl meets so it's not like we're going to lose anything.

EDIT: just noticed title change. It's a bit quiet west of the Bridge Over the River Kwai.

Makes sense having little more localised meets down that way as well, we do them up around taunton/yeovil area from time to time.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
amazing how CS works out who gets the area rep job. Someone in Cornwall miles away from Plymouth and Exeter- 2 massive city's in the Southwest :boring:

no offence new rep btw

no offence taken

i think there maybe potential for another rep in the area anyway as its so large and people are so spread out, but thats not for me to say as i dont make choices like that,

but also dont worry about me not bringing the meets to where the people are based in this area as in the north west i loved heading afield as well as having local meets tbh i will be heading plymouth way as its not that far and bodmin is a good place for some photos :)

as for a rep being so far down i got told it would be a challenge and tbh i can see why they said that as its sooo spread out but in the north west there was a stoke meet which came from nowhere and turned out a great hit for the area (hopefully something like that will happen down here) in a place that people dont really think about too much, i do have my eye set on Truro for a mini meet in the next week or so to see what happens within a 20-30 min distance of my home :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
and also my local krispy kreme is in plymouth and i cant really live very long without that place lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We used to have fairly big meets at KK in bristol, quite a lot of members up that far, mammoth trek from where you are though of course.

Thats why we decided on exeter, its not too much over an hour for 99% of people in the southwest.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
yep in machester krispy kreme was the main attraction, you where guaranteed 10 cars if you met there lol

and yep i will have a look for that on facebook now :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Think we had about 30-40 cars at the last KK bristol meet.

Exeter one is starting to get bigger now though, think we were into double figures of cars last month probably, and that was only the second one.

On the downside though, going into winter people will start hibernating, so it will probably be next may/june or something by the time we hit our peek for this area :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Think we had about 30-40 cars at the last KK bristol meet.

Exeter one is starting to get bigger now though, think we were into double figures of cars last month probably, and that was only the second one.

On the downside though, going into winter people will start hibernating, so it will probably be next may/june or something by the time we hit our peek for this area :)

ye i looked at the pictures of the last Exeter meet and its looks really good.

and ye the winter does seem to hit CS hard when it comes to meets, but atm im looking for things like a good indoor karting setup and also places where there is good food to enjoy in the warm :)

but tbh go karts seems to attract people quite easily in the north west, would people be up for that one weekend for something different?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
There was an exter karting meet not long ago :) Me and the mrs would have liked to have gone but were busy.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
St. Eval.

ye was thinking about there as it looks really good and the karts look like they will match the track unlike most i know, but its outdoor isnt it? im not bothered about that but at this time of year it puts people off for some reason lol

PB Clio 172
Well you are right chip that the south west reps never do much. I have been on here a year almost and I know of 1 meet done by an area rep!

Karting meets are hit and miss main problem is money. I can turn up for a meet in Exeter once a month and it will cost me £20. These meets are tops atm and IMO meets that happen more than every month will lose their appeal. Chip got this going and we must have had 17+ cars turn up. If I go karting in St Eval it will cost me £20 petrol, bridge fare and £15 for 1 run on the karts or £30 for 3 runs I think all for 30 mins- £50 + already! just saying...

As Mcgherkin said he did a meet and no one came ! I think its due to money !

182 Cup
So anyone know what happened to Emma, she seems to have disappeared! I had been tempted of late to ask admin about having a go at area rep but meh not having a coloured name doesn't mean I can't still organise anything. Anywho welcome to the southwest and hope to see you at the next barn owl meet.