ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metallica, 1936 Ford, bags

This thing is owned by the lead guitarist out of Metallica, something different even though it's not really my thing.

[video=vimeo;11477102]http://vimeo.com/11477102[/video]

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I love the whole American hotrod scene, f*cking amazing.
Although completely impractical for this country and i'm paranoid enough about the clio getting scratched or dented,
i'd be a neurotic mess taking that thing out.

Also nice classical version of a Metelica song.

I love the whole American hotrod scene, f*cking amazing.
Although completely impractical for this country and i'm paranoid enough about the clio getting scratched or dented,
i'd be a neurotic mess taking that thing out.

Also nice classical version of a Metelica song.

In all honesty, much like a lot of the American and more specifically Cali car scene they aren't a daily driver. People in the US who are petrolheads quite frequently have very large multiple car garages which will store a couple of toys, have the space to work on them at home too while running a more practical car day to day. Cars like that will be a weekend/show use only kind of thing, certainly wont be popping to the cinema or to get the weekly food shop in them.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Oh to be rich and have a huge garage.

Also don't American insurance companies insure the driver and not the car, which means you can own as many as you like?

I'd guess it changes from state to state but seeing the volume of kids over there with 5L Camaro's or supercharged and Bodied K swapped Honda's I'd imagine things must be very different to over here where you get ass raped for anything over a 1.2.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Also the volume of people on UK roads makes accidents and car crime alot more of a likelyhood in general.
Oh....and America loves the car, whereas were made to feel guity every time we turn the f*cking key!

Also the volume of people on UK roads makes accidents and car crime alot more of a likelyhood in general.
Oh....and America loves the car, whereas were made to feel guity every time we turn the f*cking key!

From what I can tell on the American forums I poke about on it car crime on the whole in the US is far far worse, particularly in certain cities and states. Plenty of people were dicussing how they wouldn't take their cars when they went to a movie or out for a meal as they would 99% walk back out and it would be gone. Some pretty horrific accidents too thanks to the huge road trains and the massive, heavy SUV's pick ups and 7 seat people carriers people insist on driving.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
So were just getting f*cked from every angle in this country!
Although if it was a choice between living here or the US, I think i'd rather live here.

Don't American cars have immobilisers?
You basically have to get mugged, car jacked or burgled to lose your car in this country.

We have immobilisers here and cars still get stolen, if someone wants a car that bad they'll find a way. Towed or or trailered away with handbrake cables cut you name it they'll work out how. Even trackers aren't 100% going to protect your car.