ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mild steel exhaust

ph2 172
anyone running the ktec mild steel stealth exhaust jobbie and care to give opinions on it ie sound, fitment etc? my exhausts chuffed and considering this.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I don't see the point in buying a mild steel exhaust . It will rust eventually so will only have a limited warranty . For about £40 more you can get a stainless exhaust with a lifetime warranty made to your requirements at Powerflow .

ph2 172
true, but im 27 and i look a prize t**t driving round with a noisy exhaust and alot of people say the 2.5 stainless stealth is still loud.

ValverInBits
I think you'll be ok with the new ktec mild one. It'll last longer than a renault standard part.
Their customer service is excellent. Speak to them directly.

ph2 172
and its cheaper than standard too i believe, just wanting some peoples opinions before ordering as i know its new on the market.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
true, but im 27 and i look a prize t**t driving round with a noisy exhaust and alot of people say the 2.5 stainless stealth is still loud.

When i had a stealth made at Powerflow for my 172 , they tried on different back boxes until i was happy with the sound . You can have it as loud or quiet as you want . They will make you an exact copy of the Renault exhaust but it'll be stainless . Nobody will even know it's not an OE exhaust :) It can also be a good selling point when you come to sell the car , having a stainless exhaust .

http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/dealer-locator/

Albi Blue RS 200
Fraserd007.

Speak to Mike @ Rentech.

He can do a Mild Steel pattern part Exhaust which is basically just an OEM copy for £175 posted

ITB'd MK1
mild steel has a nicer sound to it IMO. I make exhaust for myself in mild. Stainless exhaust will generally last longer, but when you run cars low like I do you expect the exhaust to take a few knocks, and stainless is more likely to crack