ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek Exhaust

Albi Blue 197
Ive always had milltek on my cars. I love the sound they produce! What are they like on a 182? also whats the gains?
They dont seem to do many exhaust manifolds for the 182. Is this becuase it already has a 4-2-1 on it? So i would only need to buy the decat/cat and cat back?

Not really clued up on cliosports so any info would be great :)

known for cracking, dont sit right (standard), not much gain if any at all?? But I like mine :) nice exshaust tone not too loud, even with a milltek decat!

ur megane r26
They have got a bad rep for the welds cracking but that was only due to one batch being sent out which had this problem, me and lots of others havent had any problems with the millteks and if you do do it I would definately recommend the decat as well, sounds lovely and pops a little on high revs.

Lionel Richie
^behave, how do you explain the 5 sti systems, 1 R8 system, 10+clio systems, 2 polo systems, 3 audi and 4 BMW systems i've seen that have cracked?

i think one of their welders is a monkey

^behave, how do you explain the 5 sti systems, 1 R8 system, 10+clio systems, 2 polo systems, 3 audi and 4 BMW systems i've seen that have cracked?

i think one of their welders is a monkey

I must of got one of the good monkeys, I bet it will fall off tomorrow now :)

ps thumbs up to the guy modding the r8 haha

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
yeah my mate Phil, he wasn't best pleased!

outside the workshop
DSC_0033.jpg

Megane RS 250
Nobody makes a manifold for the 182 or the 172 as the 4-2-1 of the 1st one is already very good.

Milltek quality has been an issue for a long time...

Gains with just the exhaust is not much...give a look:
31135.jpg

This a system with a sports HJS cat (best quality available on the market), resonated centre section, rear exhaust and tips.
Numbers:
stock:Horsepower 178.9 Hp at 6625 rev/min
Torque 205.4 Nm at 5385 rev/min
exhaust:
Horsepower 184.3 Hp at 6595 rev/min
Torque 216.7 Nm at 5265 rev/min

No other modifications.

Looking for 182
Well, I'm not particularly clever with cars, so I can't comment on welds and things like that. But I'm fairly certain my Milltek (and all of them) come with a lifetime warranty, and I've read a few posts comment on their customer service, and how when something has gone wrong, it's been resolved quickly and without issue. So for me the issues and constant comments about 'these are cracking exhausts lulz!!11' aren't really a concern.

Personally, I LOVE the sound. As a cat back system it was perfect in terms of noise and tone, however I have since had a cat mod done and the centre silencer removed, and I have now struck my perfect balance in terms of noise and comfort.

Some videos:

Cat back

[youtube]e7rvAZaY6gI[/youtube]

Cat back with modifed cat and centre silencer removed

[youtube]4DIwGScQG84[/youtube]

I love mine.

Albi Blue 197
what is the best exhaust system for the clio182? ive always had milltek because the cars ive had everyone said and recommended milltek as the best for, gains, sound and quailty.

Megane RS 250
I don't know about gains, is there a dyno of the milltek system?
Do they change the cat?
For quality, there are bettere systems, Milltek is just very advertised as "the best" but it isn't.

Have you seen this page? That's total BS!
http://www.millteksport.com/hiflow.sports.cats.graph.cfm

And this one?
http://www.millteksport.com/product.news.read.cfm?articleid=26
I can assure that the Cooper S, no matter what exhaust you fit, without a remap doesn't get any power AT ALL

What can I say...it's obviously just marketing. Why they don't show you the dyno charts, with all the weather and car data? Maybe because they don't have a rolling road?

Last edited: