ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek exhaust

182 trophy
Hi I've got a milltek exhaust system and it sounds very nice but it's not that loud enough for me, I thinking about getting a decat pipe, will this increase the noise and does it sound nice? And not being chavy! Also do I need a remap for it or anything like that?
Cheers

RB 182 cup
removing the cat will make it much louder and will increase the throttle response. It will feel a lot sharper when you thump the accelerator. However, it will no longer pass an MOT, unless you know a guy if you know what i mean, or are willing to re fit and remove once a year. I suppose no big deal.

Removing a centre silencer may be a more vosa friendly way of doing it.

A decat didn't make that much of a difference on mine to be honest. For the sake of £45 it's worth a shot to see if it does enough for you though.

No lights popped up on the dash either as a result of fitting one.

If you want more noise, you should look at removing the resonator/centre section.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Some cars it does some it dosent when I ran a de cat I got my self a obd2 code reader off ebay about (£20-£25)

I don't know the correct terminology but it's there to reduce certain sound frequencies and therefore reduces the overall noise level.

Milltek don't offer a non-resonated system for the 182 I don't think. But you'd only need to fill its place with a bit of pipe.

Audi A5
Removing the centre section for a straight though bit of pipe won't bring the light on. A decat might bring it on some do, some don't.

As for removing and refitting a cat, it's very easy on the 182's, could probably do it with out a ramp.

I've taken my cat out and have no lights on because of that. But obviously all engines are different.

As Bobby says, changing the cat over is very easy to do. It's just a few bolts and you can slide it in. I did mine on my drive with the car jacked up.

I have the full Milltek with decat, it is pretty loud, but you get used to it and some may see you as chavy :)

I believe you have to cut and weld to remove the silencer of which I wasn't wanting to do on a new purchase, also the milltek decat has holes for both lambda sensor, and my warning light hasn't come on after a month of running it.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
heres my milltek with decat, removing the cat does make it louder

[video=youtube_share;QP0XMYhaXCE]http://youtu.be/QP0XMYhaXCE[/video]

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Depends with a Cat on no, Decatted them it's limited to around 65MPH and under, over that they get really boomy on Mways, needs a loud stereo.

Clio RS 200
I have the full Milltek with decat, it is pretty loud, but you get used to it and some may see you as chavy :)

I believe you have to cut and weld to remove the silencer of which I wasn't wanting to do on a new purchase, also the milltek decat has holes for both lambda sensor, and my warning light hasn't come on after a month of running it.

will I need lambda extenders for milltek decat or do they go straight on?

Dan.AS

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 & Mk2 GTE 16v
No you don't need extenders mate. Mine just went straight on.

Clio RS 200
Ok cheers I don't know much about them.
So if sensors fit on then no lights should come on dash? That right...... has your light come on at all dan?

Dan.AS

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 & Mk2 GTE 16v
Ok cheers I don't know much about them.
So if sensors fit on then no lights should come on dash? That right...... has your light come on at all dan?

I don't think it's a case of if the sensor fits then no lights come on. Even if the sensor fits (which I think they all do) you MAY still get the light. Which I believe is what the extensions are for, to avoid getting it.

I haven't got the light on on my dash. Although it did come on the day after I fitted the decat (about 4 months ago) on the way to work. Drove home from work that day with no light and it hasn't come on since.

Clio RS 200
I use cruise a lot when travelling to work.
I'll see what happens, will post once on a few days or so

Where do you get OBII from and what's it do

Clio 182
Generic error code reader, but will clear emissions light caused by decat. Got mine form a website called beat the garage, looks exactly the same as one a k tech sell but much cheaper

Clio RS 200
Cheers bud, wish I waited few weeks now
I would of ordered cat back with straight through centre pipe like above and probs not of bothered with decat

Dunno why milltek waited til now it should of been available 9 year ago with option of both centre pipes

Clio RS 200
Now have decat fitted and it's improved the sound more than what I was expecting
Sounds really good now but not overly loud neither does it drone much on motorway
No light as yet either so really pleased

Clio RS 200
Em light came on after two weeks whilst using cruise on motorway
Just trying to ignore it lol may try extender to get rid?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Why do people run their cars without the cat?
Its there for a reason, i dont care if it sounds better, i want to be able to breath when i walk down the road.

Clio RS 200
Why do people run their cars without the cat?
Its there for a reason, i dont care if it sounds better, i want to be able to breath when i walk down the road.

because they sound much better and get better throttle response and loose them horrible blows that you get from cat.

I Spent all that money on Milltek catback and sounded crap therefore why got decat now I'm happy with sound do that's why people get decat.

There not goina make much difference to environment........ maybe think about flying etc from now on if your that worried lol........ loads out there putting more s**t out than a decat on a car for f***s sake

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
because they sound much better and get better throttle response and loose them horrible blows that you get from cat.

I Spent all that money on Milltek catback and sounded crap therefore why got decat now I'm happy with sound do that's why people get decat.

There not goina make much difference to environment........ maybe think about flying etc from now on if your that worried lol........ loads out there putting more s**t out than a decat on a car for f***s sake

They need to do exhaust spot checks. will catch a few out eh.

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
Does anybody know what decibel reading you get with a decat miltek system I've a trackday booked in a week want to fit decat but decibel reading is restricted to 90 decibels

thanks