ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini cooper a few problems

mini cooper R50
Hi all, my brother has given me a 2002 plate mini copper. It has been sat idle outside his house for the past 4-5 months, anyway got the car started yesterday as the battery was flat

but the drivers seat is stuck fast, won't go forward or back, also while driver there is queit a loud banging coming from the o/f front wheel area which gets alot louder when applying the brakes................... buckled disc perhaps?

If anyone can advise on these makers it appreciated

S4 Avant
Sounds like the drivers seat is stuck and the brakes are making knocking noises.

For the drivers seat, try looking at the mechanism and unsticking it.

The knocking brakes, find out where the knocking is coming from and replace whatever it is.

mini cooper R50
Sounds like the drivers seat is stuck and the brakes are making knocking noises.

For the drivers seat, try looking at the mechanism and unsticking it.

The knocking brakes, find out where the knocking is coming from and replace whatever it is.

hahaha good adivise :-|

S4 Avant
That's all anyone can tell you. It could be warped discs, it could be a pad fallen out, it could be a family of small elves banging on the bonnet.

without seeing the car, no one can give you a definite answer.

mini cooper R50
I only asked so i had some idea before I get made redundant at work to save a few quid, will get my mechanic mate to look at it but ty anyway