ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini Project - Fun Daily Driver (5 Door Inside)

Monaco
So some context. This is a friend's (Navid's) daily hack. Its a 1.2 8v expression with no sunroof :)hail:) and 5 doors. It's his first car, mechanically spot-on but was just a very basic spec and a bit dull. The objective was to spend almost no money and liven it up a bit. I wouldn't even go so far as to call it a project, it's tart-up with the bare minimum spend. So clean;

IMG_0469_zps19951f80.jpg

It needed 4 new tyres so it made perfect sense to find some budget alloys with decent tyres for a similar cost to 4 tyres for the steel wheels. The solution; 172 Exclusive with non-matching but premium rubber. £150 for 4 as opposed to spending £140 on tyres before fitting. Good start;

image_zps93779a2f.jpg

The car has been run like this since christmas with me constantly pestering him to lower it; the best value smiles-per-miles mod for a 1.2. So this weekend on a whim he bought some Pro Sport springs and a car day ensued Starting with a trip to the local scrap yard to grab a dynamique spoiler, a big Megane splitter and some interior parts (gear knob insert, trims and handles). Work began.

image-1_zpsc8592321.jpg

image-3_zps00f893d6.jpg

Stunning arch gap;

image-2_zpsbf60b3c7.jpg

Spoiler;

image-4_zps3508563f.jpg

image-5_zps1351a5a2.jpg

Rear down, front up;

image-6_zpsd3119f34.jpg

Freshly fitted and yet to settle;

image-7_zps11b2b3bd.jpg

Quick 3am rinse and drive. Apologies for the dark photos but it was 3am;

image-8_zps61df512f.jpg

image-9_zps0884ac6b.jpg

It feels fantastic in the corners. The Pro Sport springs are a nice ride, not too crashy but keep the car nice and flat. The make the car great fun. The exclusive wheels have a surprisingly good offset and make for a bit of stance. The big Megane splitter proves a facelift for the front too.

We have a few tidy-ups left to do the main one being to restore the headlights as they are terrible. Certainly the worst I have ever seen.

I should mention it has an Auto-tuba, horn loaded subwoofer cabinet (capable of producing bass that could fill a small/medium sized venue in the boot). That also makes for a lot of fun;

ScreenShot2013-08-27at040945_zps0a0729d7.png

Last edited: