ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini's aren't gay!

S23

The Cleee-O
I really like the sound of them! Sounds mean. Would love a Mini, only thing is the seat give me chronic back ache :( . Would change them though if it sounded and went like that though! :D

R53 Cooper S
Shite? I dont think half of you slating it have driven one tbh, and i mean the S not the One/Cooper - they are cack :D

I find it could do with an extra 20-30bhp to give it that extra pull lower down the rev range, other than that I love mine :cool:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I think the buzz from the PAS pump gives them character.

A bit like the dashboard in your Clio Adam, looking at that all day must be painfully hard.... but you like it, so thats all that matters *big hug*

i like my dash thankyou, at least i have a glove box so neeeerrrrrrr :rasp:

Not a 320d
The Cooper S comes with a Getrag gearbox?

Its solid, clunky, and takes a s**t load of power. :S

I apologise then i remove my comment about the gearbox being s**t, The interior is still f**king awful though. Shame, as id love to own one.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i might go and see my mate at mini tomorrow and see if we can test one.

Tangoed Works
Just to add more fuel to the fire for those who don't like minis. Quick pic before the slammage and a video to illustrate after :-D Its an absolute hoot to drive, get a decent specced works and you have to do nothing to it. It is miles quicker than my old 182, but the handling of the clio would have the mini imo.

S1053392.jpg

th_MOV_0997.jpg

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
looks nice that! ^

What exhausts on it? Get a milltek and a janspeed maniflold with de-cat. sounds epic :)

I wasn't keen on Mini's at all, until the misses bought one. Its actually a very good car, well built, nippy enough (she went for the cooper convertible). Good residuals aswell

Clio 172 RS2
mK. I just sounds G.A.Y. thanks to that whiney Chrysler engine.
Smaller pulley won't help either.

They do run on rails!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Do this car live at Sheffield hallem exchange works? Sure its the same one that i always see, and guarantee its ALWAYS got a parking fine sticker on it!

Aye thats the one!

Lads 19, s**t load of money, I don't know what he does for a living but its had everything done to this car!!!!!

R26
Aye thats the one!

Lads 19, s**t load of money, I don't know what he does for a living but its had everything done to this car!!!!!

Yeah hes on the same floor as my lass there, supposedly his bedroom wall is covered with parking tickets, and his numberplate is 'KI55 MY S' haha.

Its a proper machine, totally changed my opinion on the cars.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Its insane, I think its running about 240WHP now, about 270ish bhp?

I want to get my Mini up to that standard LOL!

Facelift R53 Cooper S
I really like the sound of them! Sounds mean. Would love a Mini, only thing is the seat give me chronic back ache :( . Would change them though if it sounded and went like that though! :D

I love the sound of mine, they pop and bang when you lift off the accelerator and when the exhaust gets hot it just pops constantly lol.

Just a shame its impractical and uneconomical lol.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Like the cars, just hate the whine they make in that video lol.

Just a rotrex charger and standalone running 0.5 bar of boost. Goes pretty well lol

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Do the rotrex whine?

Or do the Centrifugal ones have different characteristics.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What do you guys get mpg wise? My mate driving like a granny only gets around a 27 average..

Facelift R53 Cooper S
What do you guys get mpg wise? My mate driving like a granny only gets around a 27 average..

22 - 25 MPG around town.

Then anything upto 31 on a long run.

That's my experience, although i have heard people get as high as 35.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Christ I have had 50mpg out of mine on a 60mph motorway run!! LOL

The OBC is far from accurate though

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Do the rotrex whine?

Or do the Centrifugal ones have different characteristics.

Nah, no whine at all, but when it's coming towards you it does make a strange noise which you cant really hear in the car. Inside you cant tell its boosted at all tbh.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I love the superchargers constant boost, but its a b**ch to launch with a very flat torque curve.

What bypass valve do you run, or dont you?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I find they really dont feel powerfull at all really? Just very responsive. Do you rev yours to red line when going some? I find around 6k they feel they need to change gear..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah breathings mods must help. My mates tuned one ive never driven but the standard one i have access too pretty much 24/7.. It just seems to run out of puff at 6k and then when you change gear it surges off again..

Feels quite tame compared to the turbo pull of the Bora..but like ive said before its the all round package with the mini.

Have you guys got the LSD?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
No, I wish I did.

im soon to have a facelift gearbox fitted to mine, and get an OBX or Quiafe installed.

200 FF Storm Grey
Just to add more fuel to the fire for those who don't like minis. Quick pic before the slammage and a video to illustrate after :-D Its an absolute hoot to drive, get a decent specced works and you have to do nothing to it. It is miles quicker than my old 182, but the handling of the clio would have the mini imo.

S1053392.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jayxx83/?action=view&current=MOV_0997.flv

The bodyshop talked me out of getting red wing mirrors, should of ignored the barstewards!