ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mintys 182 turbo

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
Re: mintys 172 turbo

Can you not get a better joiner here? Looks very squashed from the photo.

i have seen this but all the pipe work is good for up to 280 horse so I think it is alright.

i want to remove stickers I think seeing it in the photos! Will post picture when done, cheers for the feedback guys!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5

Looks good mate, I had a look at the ED turbo set up before I decided on the a supercharger, install looks nice and tidy.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

Thank you all, it is a very tidy install indeed, engine bay is fully steam cleaned before the engine goes back in, which I thought was a really nice touch.

Astra gsi turbo

What is the turbo conversion spec , ecu ? Any pics of the turbo oil feed and return

HBT 172 Cup

f**k sake and i thought i was going to be the only one with a turbo'd silver cup! damn you!

Very nice ;)

What engine management does it run? Figures did it make? What turbo, what boost level e.t.c? Thanks

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

What is the turbo conversion spec , ecu ? Any pics of the turbo oil feed and return

Its a 230bhp conversion using a T25 turbo, standard internals (safe up to 230hp) has a piggyback ecu. Pics to follow of oil feeds.

HBT 172 Cup

Its a 230bhp conversion using a T25 turbo, standard internals (safe up to 230hp) has a piggyback ecu. Pics to follow of oil feeds.

Would have helped if i had read the whole of page 2 properly!

What PSI is the turbo set to for their low boost conversion? Any vids? (please ;))

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I like ed products, but they do seem to pick bhp figures by rolling dice.
Only 18bhp more from a turbo than they used to quote for a set of cams. Lol.

Anyway, figures are just for the pub so it doesn't matter really. Car is looking good so far.

do they actually have the ability to map it or are they farming that out?

HBT 172 Cup

I like ed products, but they do seem to pick bhp figures by rolling dice.
Only 18bhp more from a turbo than they used to quote for a set of cams. Lol.

Anyway, figures are just for the pub so it doesn't matter really. Car is looking good so far.

do they actually have the ability to map it or are they farming that out?

Their youtube videos suggest it is farmed out to EFI parts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuO1Fu5gP-M

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

I will be getting a gauge for boost soon so i will know how much pressure then. heat resistance plate is decent and covers slightly more than the one i had on their before, standard? so the turbo can get hot as it likes safely!
I think the ecu is preset with the map im unsure.
Yeah i agree figures are for the pub, power to weight is my friend!!
i will be using and uploading videos of the go-pro at the weekend for you all.
thank you all for the feedback, stickers being removed tomorrow :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

3k for 230bhp JESUS CHRIST!

Weve just done our mates £1900 = 340Bhp :/

never the less great car and looks well done

1900 including parts/labour/mapping?
Wow, thats a bargain, unless your time has no value?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Yes, I time has no value it was for a friend. mates dont charge :)

You are missing my point mate, I just think your post isnt very helpful in terms of making 3K from a company sound like a bad deal just because if you have all the skills to do it yourself you can do it for less.

I charged zero to build porkies engine recently for example as he is a mate, including mapping it afterwards, but I wouldnt **** off a company for charging someone a fair price for doing the same work on someone elses car.

I bet you dont go into a restaurant and say "feck me 12 quid for a meal, I can make one at home for 1.26"

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

I also had my clutch changed and piston rings aswell as shells. I thought it was a good price!?

Trophy Turbo :)

I also had my clutch changed and piston rings aswell as shells. I thought it was a good price!?

Sorry as Chip says i forget about labor!! The price of parts along will be about 2k so it is a good price.

Sorry my post was sort of half arsed! and really not applicable not really of any positive or negative use.

All i was really saying its a lot of money for the Power, but the lads at EDynamics are nice lads and of course need to charge labour to make a Business. :)

Hey well done sorry if i seemed Negative not intentional

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

very hard to get a photo of the oil feeds, but got the one of the connector there

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

No silly stickers!!
IMG_2416.jpg

PB Clio 172

LOl at the op trying to slate the company for charging 3k !

I could get my clutch changed by billy bob down the road, he charges less than a garage doesnt give receipts but hey its cheaper ! Business need to make money or else whats the point in being in business!

3k is a fair price and well done on taking the decision on that ! If I had 3k its something I would love to do but not sure I could. Nice 172 and hope it all goes ok and runs in well !

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

yeah do prefer it now!, its lovely to drive, boost really nice and progressive.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

keep meaning to get the go-pro out and do some vids, will be soon, i promise!

Astra gsi turbo

You can't really compare a engine conversion to a turbo conversion. I am going to do mine myself but it still won't be cheap

172 cup, Impreza P1

You can't really compare a engine conversion to a turbo conversion. I am going to do mine myself but it still won't be cheap

What about a turbo engine conversion? ;)

Yeah, scoff doesnthe plug andnplay mapping for these conversions. He was working on it when mine was at his getting mapped.

Good conversion mate!

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team

Weve done a Megane Converstion with Uprated Intrernals and a Gt28RS

Good deal if you made it with that amount of money! Incl. Management? Forged rods and pistons? Exhaust, clutch etc?

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1

Need people's opinions now, got new exhaust and some friends say recess it into the bumper with a 182 exhaust surround and some say leave it how it looks below...
354C349D-354D-4998-82E7-B04293C6CEBC-3857-000004AF13797651.jpg

9EB95231-410C-4869-860F-D7E50ADBBF8C-3857-000004AF0DB523FD.jpg

do I make a bumper cut out???