ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire

Renault clio
Hi,

Been having troubles recently with a misfire in one of the cylinders, had the rac out on sunday and they said it was a faulty spark plug so I got that changed and nothing happened, took it to a garage and they changed the coil pack and added an additional new spark plug and wires, however the car continues to misfire and lose power, has anyone else also had this issue and what ended up being the problem? My clio is a 1.2 turbo

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
if you’ve ruled out everything else, might be an injector …

What code is coming up?

Renault clio
I thought it could be an injector but know nothing about cars to know where this is located or what it does 😂 the rac didn’t tell me what code came up however i have a friend coming over later with a diagnostic reader so i should have the code later on today

Renault clio
No, codes with what cylinder it actually is, however when i took it to the mechanic for the coil pack change they showed me that cylinder 4 was the one with the misfire

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
No, codes with what cylinder it actually is, however when i took it to the mechanic for the coil pack change they showed me that cylinder 4 was the one with the misfire

Ah then it’s probably an injector, you can swap the injector for cylinder 4 to another cylinder and see if the misfire moves to confirm that’s the issue.

Renault clio
Ah then it’s probably an injector, you can swap the injector for cylinder 4 to another cylinder and see if the misfire moves to confirm that’s the issue.
Okay perfect, I’ll give it a go, just wish the injectors were easy to move without having to take things apart in order to access them 😂

Renault clio
Update: had a mechanic out and he said to put injector cleaner which i’ve done and run it for a week to see if it will improve, how long does it take for a injector cleaner to work as I drove the car for an hour yesterday after putting in the cleaner however it’s still misfiring