ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 172 prices

Golf R/Leon FR
that depends dude on mileage, a mint condition 172 with around 40k on the clock with full service history can cost about £5.7k but could get one for around £5k or cheaper.

Trophy #473
cheers, im looking at one thats 6 grand and has 50k, 2 owners. went to look at it earlier and the stearing wheel is badly worn, and i noticed the front bumper doesnt line up with one light, 10mm gap, so its been in a prang. also had red callipers so some young lad has had it. last owner was a lady who had it for 2.5 years. i think its 1k too much.

opinions?

Golf R/Leon FR
yeah is about 1k too much, the steering wheels do get worn, mine is badly worn but can get them recovered. the red calipers arent that bad, mine are yellow and look nice!! see if she will drop the price because of the steering wheel and bumper!!

Trophy #473
its from a garage, so dont mind paying a little more concidering i'll get an extended warranty and some thing to fall back on if it goes tits up. im from grantham. i'll check auto trader again. rang a few people up with mk1 172's for sale but most have already been sold, doh, looking to spend no more than £5250. so is the steering wheel wear a common problem?

nathan

My steering wheel is fine. I bought mine in about June/July 2005. I travelled 100 miles to get it. Saw it on autotrader.

It had done 40k miles, brill condition, warranty, tax, mot etc...

£5995 which seemed a decent price then as most car's priced this much local to me were hitting 60-70k+ miles!

nathanH said:
cheers, im looking at one thats 6 grand and has 50k, 2 owners. went to look at it earlier and the stearing wheel is badly worn, and i noticed the front bumper doesnt line up with one light, 10mm gap, so its been in a prang. also had red callipers so some young lad has had it. last owner was a lady who had it for 2.5 years. i think its 1k too much.

opinions?

Sounds like you want to leave that one alone. There will be better ones out there for less.

cat171 said:
Sounds like you want to leave that one alone. There will be better ones out there for less.

True, if it's been in a smash and they have just replaced the front bumper themselves and it's hanging 10mm down, there may be damage further back than the front bumper and may cost you more in the long run.

I'd stay clear. You could get a mk2 ph2 shape for £6k just take your time looking around.

I looked for months before buying mine. Don't rush into it!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I paid £5k for my x reg with 55k on the clock. 2 owners, very clean car. That was 8 months ago, I'd say you could buy a similar car for under £4.5k now

I was thinking about selling mine, its a Y reg 2001 fsh only done 34k, I had the 36k service done already and cambelt replaced. Overall in very good condition, it hasn't been modified in any way so completley standard. Its been well looked after. I was going to put it up for £5800. The reason why i'm thinking about selling is because i'm looking to get a 182.
Let me know if you are interested

Red Clio 197 F1
I would leave that one nathanH!

I bought my Phase 1 when it had done 48,000 and the steering wheel only started to wear at around 58,000 and getting worse all the time.

A few things about the car that are singing alarm bells out.

They are lovely little cars, but keep on looking as you don't want to be stuck with a rotter!

Trophy #473
cheers, going to look at another on tonight, 4.5k, 50k but it has lexus's!!! and a s/s exhaust, wich really puts me off as it tells you something about the previous owner!! but just going through a list and looking at each one, process of elimination. wish me luck.

I personally woulnd't buy a car that's been modded. 1) because you know it's probably been driven hard and 2) if you wanted to do any mod's then i'd prefer to do these myself to my own specification.

Trophy #473
yep. the one i went to look at the other night was appauling. holes in parcel shelf were 6x9's were!!!, massive magnex exhaust and a gay chrome halfrauds airfilter. and ut had done 56,800k not 50,000k on its add. plus hardly any service history. a true shitter.

Anyone have a mk1 172 for sale? been intouch with a few members that are selling them...but are there any more? lol

nathan

where are you nathan. I have one in 647 silver am toying with the idea but it does have filter and k tec system... speak to Mike at Rentech, he knows it inside out upside down and done under 51k tis a peach but then i would say that! All the history etc etc........PM me if serious im Hampshire way but as said tis only a thought at the mo m8...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
My wheel is a bit patchy, bought it with 33k on the clock off here though and know it was ok :)

Paid 5700 last feb for it, 2000 X reg in black. Love it :)

Local Renault delaer have an identical model on their forecourt for 7k! For a mk1!!