ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 172 problems

Audi A4
Been having a water leak the last week and thought it was a little problem, turns out to be a hole in the radiator, how much is a new radiator going to cost me, is the reconditioned option a good one, is it a renault only part?

Also the sump gasket is leaking, I'm assuming these are only cheap, is this a renault only part.

Also I need new pads on the front, recommendations on a good set, car is not used on a track but is there any cheaper/better ones than normal renault pads

Also need new discs and pads for the rear wheels, I think I remember someone mentioning having problems with the rear disc because of the bearings, is this true?

any help would be much appreciated

Normal pads are a good mixture harder pads wear the disks more so its a compromise if you've no problems I'd stick with them personally.
Rear disk should have new bearing pressed in Yozzasport sells new rear disk cheap I think and there standard OE ones just cheaper than Renault.
Sump gasget shouldn't be much.
You can get an exchnge one for a reasonable price I think £100 was the price your looking at apying forget buying a new one as Renault want a load for these to stop manurfacturers buying them and building them cheaply when they find out the mounts etc. Might be worth dropping j3ned a message he might have one in stock or least could get you one cheaper although with P and p it migh work out th same price as a normal Renault one.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
like edde said, standard discs & pads are fine. i have standard discs with pagid fast road pads and they sqeek and rattle until they are up to temp.

going to be going back to standard soon.

as for the rear discs, try GSF, Yoz or pm mike172sport for better prices than Renault. they come with integral new bearings too, hence the price situation.