ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 clio - Air box links to heating?

S1 16v 106 Rallye
I got told the 2 tubes from the air box (hot and cold) work the heating. Is this true? Would this mean fitting a K+N i'd only beable to get either hot or cold?

Sorry for the noob question.

Cheers

I was under the impression that the water that cools the engine passes through the heater matrix, heating up the air from outside as it passes over it and through into the car.

Though I might be wrong...

Fiesta ST
I think the two pipes which become defunk when using the k&n are just for aiding the engine when started from cold.... I think.... it may be something to do with recirculating air. Or something like that. lol.

the hot and cold air feed are for the engine, nothing else as far as i'm aware

probably die from the fumes if they fed the in car air system

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
the second pipe that comes from over the top of the exhaust is only to aid the engine warming up !
but if the valve that decides to let in cold air or hot gets stuck on hot ur4 in trouble lol
well u loose power

MK1 Clio 16v
One is an oil breather pipe i think and the other seems to go to the idle control valve as suggested above.

I think that's right but i could be wrong.

Doubt very much it's got anything to do with the heating though..